Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Former Owner of 2001 DHG1557
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody wondered who at Ford selected the Ad agency to promote the new Ford Edge. These have to be the lamest, most retarded auto related commercials I have ever seen. Do they really think this is going to sell the vehicle, driving along the edge of a building and singing "living life on the Edge". What the heck are these people thinking. This is just plain pathetic. I keep waiting for a new set of commercials to come out on this product, but all we get is "living life on the Edge".

Then you read Motor Trend March issue and they compare the Sante Fe, Highlander, and Murano with the new Edge. You guessed it, the Edge came in dead last, although they did say that no clear favorite emerged, no run-away winner. Still, doesn't bode well for a new entry into this cross-over market area. They did like the styling and driving dynamics though. Oh look, in the middle of Motor Trend, 2 page ad for Edge, "The Edge is Never Dull", picture of Edge with 2 wheels on a 3 foot high retaining wall, man and women walking away from it. Driver must have been drunk when he (or she) tried to park it. Lucky it was a Ford Edge and would be able to climb the 3 foot retaining wall and then remain balanced while they left to get more beers. What a dumb a$$ ad.

It's probably a very nice vehicle, but who wants to buy it after seeing these typical Ford "Bold Moves" ads.

Lee

·
Premium Member
2,329 Posts
Driving the Edge is certainly not "living life on the edge". I took a good look at one a few weeks ago and was not impressed with the looks. I've heard good things about it, but I just don't like the looks...especially up close.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Agree with all the above, dumb commercial, dumb ad campain, average looking crossover type vehicle. Ford wasted more money again, and will loose more sales to the imports.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
well I disagree with everyone

I think they are doing a good job with the commercials. The point of this car & the commercials is to appeal to the masses, not car people in general.
I've already seen a few on the road...

I think they need to make something stand out on it to make it unique and be a notch about the rest.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts