1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have not used this one but it is made by Thinkware I purchased the U1000 with the rear camera and radar module with the battery backup so it does not run down the cars battery when parked. It is supposed to be able to run for 2 days on the backup battery but my car does not sit long enough to test this. It was not to bad to install my self. It is a bit sensitive just shutting the door sets it off and records an incident. The U1000 is a 4k camera does an excellent job I also added the polarizing filter too so it would reduce the glare. The entire kit was almost $900 but well worth it to me after a 13 year old kid on a bicycle ran out in front of me then claimed I was driving recklessly. To top it all he ran on me 3 times while I was on the phone with the dispatcher. It cost me $900 to get my car fixed and decided I needed evidence the next time.

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just notice your serial number is K7856 mine is K7865 what are the odds of that?
Ok thats weird... lol. Was ypour car also built on 7/23/2019? I ordered the dashcam from Ford and the GPS puck from the Thinkware site. In my experience, dashcams get people out of trouble more than the reverse. Front and rear cams. I love the tech in these new cars. Satisfies the geek in me I guess. Just bought the wife a 2020 Explorer ST. If I like this cam, she will be getting one also.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just checked mine and it was built on 7/31/2019 . My U1000 cam has one irritating issue when I start the car it has this long announcement about the GPS and wi-fi connection and it lets me know I can connect my iPhone I wished I could turn that off but have not figured out how to. I need to contact Thinkware but have not taken the time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts