Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone upgraded their radio?

(Don't laugh. On long highway trips, I do like to listen to more than the sound of 315HP... plus traffic reports are important for dealing with getting in and out of Manhatta!) ;)

I came across news that Ford sells a High Def radio upgrade for all its cars. Part Number is A9FCS-HDRADIO-B (-B included iPod connectivity). Here's a screen shot from the Ford Parts web site..

<a href="http://s268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sgbnyc/?action=view&current=MustangHDRadio.jpg" target="_blank"><img src="http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sgbnyc/MustangHDRadio.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"></a>

Price seems to be in the $300 - $350 range. (My dealer, of course, wants $350.) :mad:

Anyone know anything about this upgrade? My dealer's parts guy couldn't even tell me if this was a whole new unit replacing what's already there... or even if the new radio includes the CD player we've already got.

Thanks for any additional info anyone can provide...

Steve
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29,355 Posts
Note* The portable GPS Units have Auto Rerouting .........

SteveNYC said:
Has anyone upgraded their radio?

(Don't laugh. On long highway trips, I do like to listen to more than the sound of 315HP... plus traffic reports are important for dealing with getting in and out of Manhatta!) ;)

I came across news that Ford sells a High Def radio upgrade for all its cars. Part Number is A9FCS-HDRADIO-B (-B included iPod connectivity). Here's a screen shot from the Ford Parts web site..



Price seems to be in the $300 - $350 range. (My dealer, of course, wants $350.) :mad:

Anyone know anything about this upgrade? My dealer's parts guy couldn't even tell me if this was a whole new unit replacing what's already there... or even if the new radio includes the CD player we've already got.

Thanks for any additional info anyone can provide...

Steve
I have read about that Lately and this renews that info. I had put in the back of my mind.

I think it might very well be an Asset to some Members here.

As far as the (Up-Dates) on Hwy. Congestion .....

If you have the Newer GPS Portable Units they offer "AUTOMATIC" Rerouting because

they are looking at what is in Front of You on your Route.

No, they are Not Perfect but they are a lot better than having nothing.

Music part would be OK, but in My Case I have the Sirius Option so that is not in my case a

selling point.

Just according to what a person prefers as always.

tigerhonaker
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
913 Posts
To me I would prefer Sirius. All HD really is are the local radio stations in HD so once you leave range you wont hear the station anymore. To me Sirius would be better because you could drive from San Francisco to Miami and listen to the same station the whole way down. Where as HD you only receive what is close to you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29,355 Posts
j0eyabs said:
To me I would prefer Sirius. All HD really is are the local radio stations in HD so once you leave range you wont hear the station anymore. To me Sirius would be better because you could drive from San Francisco to Miami and listen to the same station the whole way down. Where as HD you only receive what is close to you.
Mike,

EXACTLY !!!!!!!

tigerhonaker
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,492 Posts
Steve , you might want to look into a portable Sirius or XM radio. You can plug it into the MP3 jack in the armrest and then take it with you when you leave the car (I still think like a NYer :D).
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the advice, guys. I should have added this information to my original post: I'm looking to upgrade in order to improve the feel of the radio controls on my Bullitt. Ford radios are notorious for feeling as if they cost about ten bucks when you turn the knobs and press the buttons. So, I was hoping this HD radio would have a higher quality "look and feel" to it. I'm also looking to keep my warranty in effect, another reason for thinking in terms of the Ford OEM product.

As for Sirius radios.... yes, listening to the same station "coast-to-coast" has its appeal... but so does listening to what the locals listen to as one goes from state to state. After all, that's what the guys on Route 66 did! ;) ;) ;)

I'm going to talk to my dealer in the next day or two about this. I'll let you know what I find out...

Steve
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
628 Posts
So the HD radio is not Sirius capable? I have an aftermarket HD in my truck and like it although there aren't a lot of stations in my area in HD.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,404 Posts
Steve I am with you on listening to local stations on the road. From Katy, Tx. to home I listened to many local station with a wide choice of music. I also like the feel of the buttons, smooooooth to the touch.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,492 Posts
SteveNYC said:
Thanks for all the advice, guys. I should have added this information to my original post: I'm looking to upgrade in order to improve the feel of the radio controls on my Bullitt. Ford radios are notorious for feeling as if they cost about ten bucks when you turn the knobs and press the buttons. So, I was hoping this HD radio would have a higher quality "look and feel" to it. I'm also looking to keep my warranty in effect, another reason for thinking in terms of the Ford OEM product.

As for Sirius radios.... yes, listening to the same station "coast-to-coast" has its appeal... but so does listening to what the locals listen to as one goes from state to state. After all, that's what the guys on Route 66 did! ;) ;) ;)

I'm going to talk to my dealer in the next day or two about this. I'll let you know what I find out...

Steve
My '07 GT radio felt even cheaper. The knobs were just black plastic- in '08 they upgraded to the knobs with chrome borders. I don't listen to the radio that much to really care. I am happy to be low-tech in this car since I plan to keep it. The more toys, the more things to break- I learned that with my 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix. The daily driver I get when the B is paid off will be more high-tech.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
nice iPod adapter

Loop said:
Not trying to jack the thread but here's another radio mod for all you Shaker folks out there.
This baby allows you to control your Ipod or Iphone through the deck controls.

http://brandmotion.com/ipod.php
That's a great-looking iPod adapter. Thanks for the link.

My only question: What does installing it do to your warranty?

Steve :dhg08:
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top