1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Car Whisperer
20,877 Posts
Does that mean my CVPI will go up in value? :) lol

·
Car Whisperer
20,877 Posts
Guess my 99 CVPI will now be a collector's car...I can see it now on the Barrett Jackson getting those big bucks. I'm psych'd.

·
Super Moderator
5,610 Posts
There has been talk of doing away with the Crown Vic/Grand Marquis/Town Car for several years but when GM did away with all rear wheel drive cars back in the mid-90's or so Ford had the markets cornered for the police, cab, and limosuine. Even if they were just fleet sales (police, rentals) they would still make their money on the car I bet. And for those who wanted to buy one could get a rental after it came out of the fleet ALOT cheaper than new.

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
Some dealers you go to the fleet salesperson and tell them you want to order a fleet of one. And you can still have it new! I was going to do that some years back, but found a used fleet CV LX for my wife saving about $10K for a car with leather and several other options and it only had 5K miles on the odometer.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
They would do better to re-design it and bring it into the 21st century....or even just the 20th.
It is the oldest, stodgiest sedan on the face of the Earth.

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
I prefer to call it the most reconized large sedan in the 21st century..... Almost every driver can spot one from a mile away, so many parked in middle of the freeway with electronic arays watching for speeders and many are painted yellow I think it has finally replaced the Checker as the Taxi of choice....

It is great car I do believe Doc is right about freshing up the sheet metal....

Ford has the damn things running great can't hardly kill them....

I also would like choice of engines like 5.4 or V10 added to the line up

1 - 10 of 10 Posts