Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Freaking cool!!!!!!

I was thinking Ford must realy value us as not only loyal custmers, but as group.....

I get all teared up thinking how nice it was to give IMBOC representatives a pre release presentation at Flat Rock, then fly Droopy out to San Fran to allow him to drive it on streets where the movie chase happened......

Then allow 9MM to drive one even before anyone was for sure it was going to be bulit.

Then allowing our fearless leader B-man to keep PP6 free of charge for a week or 2 is making me dumb stuck .....

I read in one review that the 01 has cult following..... Makes me happy to be apart of this reglious experience that is the new 08 Bullitt

I for one want internationally say "Thank you" Ford for allowing us at IMBOC to be apart of this release of what I think will be another Ford Motor Company's Vehicle legends....

Also if we didn't have this Cult that is IMBOC with it's Bullitt monks like Droopy and the Nationals and B-Man putting up with all of this daily scalbles (sp) on this site would there have been another Bullitt?

Who knows.... Thank You B-man, Droopy and Ford

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Ford.........

Are you sure Ford is that great............Did they ask us for input or did they just say...hey..........here it is.....drive it...........I think it was a clever scheme for Ford to embrace IMBOC. Guess who may be repeat buyers............
I guess as I get older, I have trouble seeing good in most people..........since the Country has pretty much lost its soul or exchanged it for a dollar.
It's crappy in PA today.......the Bullitt is in storage until April.......good reason for a crappy attitude!
Love that BULLITT.....

·
Registered
803 Posts
Yeah, I'm sure they allowed IMBOC to jump into it for a reason, but at least they allowed it to happen. As for repeat buyers... let's be honest, there are not a ton of people on here that can really legitimize getting a brand new car right now. It could have really been a good-faith thing to do also. I've just found that trying to find the evil in everything is a good way to just be peeved at everybody. I don't see chevrolet or dodge doing something like that for their enthusiasts...

·
Administrator
13,266 Posts
As one of the "lucky ones" my point of view is somewhat bias but what reason would Ford have to do this other than as a reward for IMBOCs hard fought support of another car that was really not any better received than the 08...... The 01 Bullitt. Notice there is no mention of a cult like following of SVT owners. No great number of GT 500 owners that have as much of a kinship as we all do.

At least from the Ford individuals that i met, were amazed at the truely "international" way we have all stuck together as a group even 7 years later. And by courting us with freebies how many sales could they count on? 50? Doesn't make much finacial sense to go to all this trouble trying to get a few repeat buyers. .Was it free publicity? Sure.

Nope this is a new project that Ford has started with enthusists to include us in the release of new models. I think we may have been the test group to see if it worked out and I believe so far it has. Hope it continues to the next Mustang. Maybe a Mach???

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
Everyone we have dealt with so far has been in PR, or related to PR. So, yeah, its been good publicity, but I can tell you that the three main folks we have worked with at Ford have been fans of IMBOC and the gang.

Although they may have sold at least one by letting us do the drives with the PP cars. :-B

·
Premium Member
6,272 Posts
Yeah Jimmy,
I have been very impressed that Ford holds us in such high esteem. LOVE IT!!

Waiting to hear more about the long road test!

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
They have done a great job on the new Bullitt,from what I am reading from the select IMBOC bunch. Wouldn't mind having one,but it is not to be with my upcoming change in employment and income. Just the wrong time for this old guy. I don't see anymore new muscle cars in my future...just getting to expensive,with payments,local Personal Property Tax and so on.

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
I don't know how much Ford thinks of IMBOC, I do know some members of IMBOC were treated to a couple of special events. To be honest, I believe Ford in making the 01 and 08 Bullitt made a great Mustang. I also believe that inviting IMBOC members means that someone at Ford does read IMBOC from time to time, maybe all of the time. If inviting IMBOC members is an attempt to sell the new Bullitts it is a great idea. After all, I hope everyone that wants any Mustang or any Ford product is able to purchase their desired car or truck.. Thank you Ford for what you do for IMBOC and the Mustang community.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
now what really would be cool is if Ford gave us the "Bullitt Owner Loyalty Discount and Order Priority" on the 2008.

Even if they didn't I think Ford is cool anyway. . .

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
droopysbullitt said:
As one of the "lucky ones" my point of view is somewhat bias but what reason would Ford have to do this other than as a reward for IMBOCs hard fought support of another car that was really not any better received than the 08...... The 01 Bullitt. Notice there is no mention of a cult like following of SVT owners. No great number of GT 500 owners that have as much of a kinship as we all do.

At least from the Ford individuals that i met, were amazed at the truely "international" way we have all stuck together as a group even 7 years later. And by courting us with freebies how many sales could they count on? 50? Doesn't make much finacial sense to go to all this trouble trying to get a few repeat buyers. .Was it free publicity? Sure.

Nope this is a new project that Ford has started with enthusists to include us in the release of new models. I think we may have been the test group to see if it worked out and I believe so far it has. Hope it continues to the next Mustang. Maybe a Mach???
I think Ford did this or similar with an on-line F150 community on the release of the current F150 in 2004. I'm not sure they've done it again until the '08 Bullitt

·
Administrator
6,226 Posts
I can guarantee you IMBOC's support of the '01 was considered in their decision to include the club as a part of the launch. This was done under the umbrella of the Ford Performance Group, which is using the experience here as a model for engaging other model-specific clubs on a more formal and lasting basis, as Greg notes above.

You guys and gals started a heck of a trend!

·
Registered
200 Posts
The "trend" is becoming quite obvious, if you look at the Shelby scene these days.
I'd call it rather a well thought over programm, not a trend. Engaging with the enthusiast scene. :)

·
Registered
343 Posts
Jimmy Ray I agree with you 100%. But I want to embellish your thread some more.
The Ford intelligence folks have been picking IMBOC members brain for a long time.
(and reading our board)
In 2002 in Ennis Texas the 1st Bullitt nationals we were shown the "concept" Mach 1.
Feedback was solicited on the car and most said it was great.
In 2004 at the 40th Mustang Anna in Nashville we got a visit from some young Ford
engineers and the new Mustang. We were asked to give feedback and "brainstorm" on what was right and what needed changed. I remember being asked what as a Mustang owner would I like to see changed. That question was easy, get back to a
customer ordering his/her car personalized the way they want it. I think the performance, handling, drag pacs are part of this effort to let Mustang owners do this.
I wish they would have listened to the cloth interior and auto transmission
recommendations.
IMBOC was invited to the 100th Ford centennial and the 2005 Mustang launch in Flatrock, quite impressive for a few car nuts. I got to eat lunch with Mr. Hau Thai-Tang at the Flatrock launch and we talked about the Bullitt and the new Mustang.
He was an engineer for team Mustang in 2000 and had some input on the Bullitt. If not for the "new Shelby" I am sure he would still be head of SVT.
You are correct JR Ford is trying to do there best for us car nuts in this day and age and IMBOC is a force to listen to.
unofficial old fart
Dallas

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
Great comments....especially Tony, Jimmy Ray, & bullitt 677
Thank you Ford for letting some of the IMBOC members provide input and an exchange os thoughts and ideas.
thanks especially for letting some of the IMBOC guys in on the PP models and driving them!!!
wish i could afford a new Bullitt, but it's not to be any time soon!

Marty

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Not to knock FORD too hard, but they are in a bind and need to sell more cars. I agree it was good of them to include IMBOC in the introduction/promotion of the new BULLITT, but it also helped them in marketing it if only in a small way. Looking at the big picture FORD needs new fresh product to turn them around.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
I agree 100% with Jimmy Ray and Greg's statements....This is by far the BEST WEBSITE on the internet..........

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
I think Ford should give all us original 2001 owners a free 2008. They'd still have few to sell. :wink:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts