Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The previous owner put on the Ford Street sway bars but not lowering springs, which I'll be doing. On several of my prior Stangs, I've used STEEDA lowering springs but am also considering the Ford K springs to match the Ford sway bars.

Anyone have a preference and if so, why?
Lee

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
I would use the Ford M5300-P springs. They give you a 1" drop, the ride is a little better than the K springs, and you should be able to get the alignment in spec. with a set of camber bolts for the struts. The Steeda springs work well too. How low do you want to go?

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My Bullitt will be my daily driver so the ride has to be civilized- the car will never see the track. I'm very familiar w/the Steeda springs, but not the Ford models. From what I see on the web, only the K springs are widely available, not the P springs. I thought the P springs were the track springs?

·
Premium Member
655 Posts
The K springs give you a little more low. The P springs have so little lowering, they are probably nearly identical to the stock Bullitt springs.

Mine's on K springs, with a Steeda rear sway bar:

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
I had a Shelby GT with K springs and my Bullitt has the P springs. I prefer the ride height and suspension travel of the P springs. With KONI STRT struts and shocks the ride is firm but comfortable for me and my wife hasn't complained. I've heard positive things about Steeda Sport springs but I've never used them.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Are those 17” torque thrusts? What size tire. I put 01 bull it’s on my 08 with 255/50/17 your stance is sweet very nice

·
Registered
278 Posts
I had a Shelby GT with K springs and my Bullitt has the P springs. I prefer the ride height and suspension travel of the P springs. With KONI STRT struts and shocks the ride is firm but comfortable for me and my wife hasn't complained. I've heard positive things about Steeda Sport springs but I've never used them.

View attachment 80804
I had Eibach 1.5" F-2"R and always scraped going into driveway but now have Pedders 1" F&R and ride is WAY better and no more dragging.

Reactions: patriot1136
1 - 11 of 11 Posts