121 - 140 of 177 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
65SC said:
:clap:

Ford Performance Group Adds 2008-09 Mustang Bullitt,
2010 F-150 Raptor to 'Certificate of Authenticity' Program
In the wake of a two-year enthusiast initiative, Ford vehicle production data has been fully researched against all plant-assigned 2008-09 Mustang Bullitt build numbers so that owners can now purchase an Official Ford "Certificate of Authenticity" for any 2008 or 2009 Bullitt Mustang, in support of the International Mustang Bullitt Owners Club. This exhaustive investigative effort, spearheaded by Ford vehicle dynamics engineer Nick Terzes (formerly of SVT and Team Mustang) – with help from avid Bullitt enthusiast Dennis Shaw of McPherson, Kansas – allows the Ford Performance Group to finally extend availability of the 2001 Bullitt Mustang Certificate program to include the 2008 and 2009 Bullitt model years.
Got mine awile back... look good but I believe a bit overpriced... Sample picture of mine attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
212 Posts
Can anyone give me the size of the certificate?

·
Premium Member
2,947 Posts
TheGreenMachine said:
Can anyone give me the size of the certificate?
The certificates are 8-1/2 X 11 inches. They are very nicely done and really add to the uniqueness of our Bullitts. If you really love your Bullitt and its special place among Mustangs, it's worth every penny IMO.

·
Premium Member
2,947 Posts
00lightning said:
How does one get the Club discount?
Call to order the certificate. When you call, tell them you are a supporting member of IMBOC, give them your screen name here and ask for the 15% discount. You may even get Dan, a member here, who takes some of the orders. Initially, they made a mistake with mine but Dan got it fixed and taken care of immediately. Great people to deal with.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I've ordered my certificate some days ago and, so far, only received an email from Ford Show Parts that I should confirm my billing and shipping adress. The weird thing is, the same email tells me not to answer the mail (i tried anyway and got a Mailer-Deamon response), and now I'm a bit confused. My credit card was billed for the certificate and now I just don't know who to contact...any idea?

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Still never got mine i really should when I get me some $$$.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Finally got my certificate yesterday, after 3 long weeks of waiting. Still, a must-have for any 2008-Bullitt fan. I'll put it on a wall in living room, above my Auto-Art 1/18 Bullitt.

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Glad to have one--but it could have easily been better!

I bought my COA for Five-390 immediately after I bought her last month. Although I am ultimately glad to have it, I am unimpressed with the low quality of the actual certificate. It's just a very mediocre design on a piece of cheap, thin paper. I print more impressive certificates for my wife's piano recitals from her iPad. Also, the "build sheet" I bought from Ford was similarly underwhelming. It contained absolutely no information I could find elsewhere, and was far from authoritative in scope.

BTW, I made some templates for Porsche Mulroney stickers for owners over at Pelican Parts who never had the original window sticker for their SCs, 914s, Carrera 3.2s, etc. Maybe I should just make a more awesome Bullitt COA!

·
Banned
11,692 Posts
John,may Be A Long Shot,but If You Could Find A Ford Salesman That Was Around In 2008.

In Their Sales Manuel Is A Double Back Copy, On The Bullitt.its Real Nice..

It Is In A Plastic Cover.some Salesmen Didnt Even Know They Had One.

I Did Have Two,but Sent One To Carguy,mike Just Passing Along Info.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
I ended up with 3 certs for mine! They couldn't get the PP cars right for some reason. I finally just gave up. It will be fun for the grandkids to have them tho, when they take my 1PP05 Bullitt to the BJ auction after I am pushing up daisys... :)

·
Premium Member
1,286 Posts
jimbo020 said:
I ended up with 3 certs for mine! They couldn't get the PP cars right for some reason. I finally just gave up. It will be fun for the grandkids to have them tho, when they take my 1PP05 Bullitt to the BJ auction after I am pushing up daisys... :)
It's the general discounting/hatred of the PP's mainly by the mods on this site that led to the screw-up on the certs for the PP's.
Ford gave more cred to the radio option break-out than PP's simply because the contact (mod) thought he might have a 'rare' car.:mad: :lol: :cry:

I like how they just added the PP cars to the total production and called it good.:evil:
They easily could have indicated vehicle# as part of the group of PP’s in addition to the whole group. Instead, PP’s have less regard than a headlite or lugnut option. :evil:
http://www.imboc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=186954&page=16

****em!

·
Administrator
13,266 Posts
Not sure what "mod" you are referring to but there was no "conspiracy" against PP cars. Is a PP car unique in that it has specail numbering and was used for the rollout, sure. The Ford group worked tierlessly to get these right. Were their issues yes but there are people at Ford that have a passion for both Bullitt cars. Your comments insult these great individuals.

Secondly none of the mods "hate" PP cards. In fact. I personally would have loved to own the car I drove at the 08 Bullitt media release in San Francisco, but i was not in the cards.

You might be better served to abide by the adage "If you don't have something nice to say. don't say it"

·
Administrator
6,465 Posts
Palerider said:
It's the general discounting/hatred of the PP's mainly by the mods on this site that led to the screw-up on the certs for the PP's.
Ford gave more cred to the radio option break-out than PP's simply because the contact (mod) thought he might have a 'rare' car.:mad: :lol: :cry:
That is entirely untrue. I worked very closely with John Clor regarding the certificate issues. The PP cars originally were numbered in various different ways on their plates (1PP v PP), and the decision to release these cars was made after they were determined to be in great enough shape and quality to release them for auction sale later.

I am not sure where you came to this conclusion, but if you want more accurate information, talk to John Clor at Ford Racing.

By the way, Nick Terzes, a Ford engineer and long-term supported of this group, spent MANY hours getting the sequential numbering and VIN data corrected so those certificates could be released.

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
It certainly wasn't me, I was in love with 06. Hell, I sat in her naked half the week I had her.

I will not confirm or deny that I may have done more than "sat."

121 - 140 of 177 Posts