Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

141 - 160 of 177 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,030 Posts
Palerider said:
It's the general discounting/hatred of the PP's mainly by the mods on this site that led to the screw-up on the certs for the PP's.
Ford gave more cred to the radio option break-out than PP's simply because the contact (mod) thought he might have a 'rare' car.:mad: :lol: :cry:
I know I should make the same type of comments as the other Mods have thus far but................I would rather ask you if you actually read and believe your colossally idiotic comments?

I will say that as a Mod I have nothing against PP cars. You on the other hand are a troll and should be booted off the site

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
Droopy said:
Rob,

Did you pay and not receive it???
Oops, I missed Rob's post. If that is the case, we can get with John Clor (or Mike maybe) and see what happened.

·
Administrator
6,465 Posts
B-Man said:
Oops, I missed Rob's post. If that is the case, we can get with John Clor (or Mike maybe) and see what happened.
Agree. Rob, let me know if you would like me to follow up with the Ford Performance Group. I previously worked in close contact with those folks when there were some previous issues with the certificates.

·
Administrator
6,465 Posts
B-Man said:
It certainly wasn't me, I was in love with 06. Hell, I sat in her naked half the week I had her.

I will not confirm or deny that I may have done more than "sat."
Now you tell us :)

·
Administrator
6,465 Posts
Palerider said:
It's the general discounting/hatred of the PP's mainly by the mods on this site that led to the screw-up on the certs for the PP's.
Ford gave more cred to the radio option break-out than PP's simply because the contact (mod) thought he might have a 'rare' car.:mad: :lol: :cry:
Also, John Clor recounted the story of what happened when he presented up in Michigan during the 10th anniversary celebration of IMBOC at the Woodward Dream Cruise a few years back. There were a lot of things that happened that were again corrected after finding errors with the process and information system to generate the certificates.

·
Administrator
6,465 Posts
jimbo020 said:
I ended up with 3 certs for mine! They couldn't get the PP cars right for some reason. I finally just gave up. It will be fun for the grandkids to have them tho, when they take my 1PP05 Bullitt to the BJ auction after I am pushing up daisys... :)
Your third certificate should be correct. Is there information that you are uncertain about in it?

I am aware of the multiple corrections because errors were found in 2 different processes to generate the information from the correct databases.

I welcome your input.

·
Premium Member
1,286 Posts
Read the linc in my above post and decide who the 'trolls' are.
(I could post hundreds of derogatory comments made by your group of mod/trolls in regard to our cars)
A group who treats this site as their personal chat room berating the car it is supposed to support is the very definition of troll. As the PP's are more rare they present an even greater target of their scorn.

Here's an excerpt where a mod explains the "extra effort" being put into the PP car portion of the certs:
Tony Alonso said:
A few follow-up items after a conversation with John Clor today -

a) the certificates for the PP folks have to be generated with some additional manual effort because of the nature of the way Ford's tracking systems are configured; I was assured all the orders sent are being processed, but it takes longer

b) the data sheet numbers were revised to include the PP totals as per member request here
And here's what that extra effort yielded:

A dumbed-down version which provides no breakout of PP's instead combining the two years and categorizing the PP's as regular production series which they are not.

And here's the 'Production Sheet' where as I mentioned previously, the PP gets less consideration than a radio or lugnut option:

Well done mods! and I must admire your solidarity in piling on insults in succession as the group of thugs you truly are:mad: :tongue: :evil:

PS-I will not be renewing my membership which expires wednesday 06/19 IF I can retain my garage entries as a non-supporting member.:leftie: :dhg08: :neutral:

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Tony Alonso said:
Your third certificate should be correct. Is there information that you are uncertain about in it?

I am aware of the multiple corrections because errors were found in 2 different processes to generate the information from the correct databases.

I welcome your input.
Thanks, Tony, for all your efforts. As I was very eager to get one of these after they were first offered. I think the first one had the wrong year of manufacture, the second one had the wrong production data, the last one I think the production data was correct, but it went back to to the wrong date of manufacture.-- to be completely honest with you, I looked at it, rolled my eyes, and placed it in my car file with the others.- and forgot about it. After seeing it was merely a printed piece of paper, (not even thicker paper) and for the $35 or $45 I paid for it, ( I can't remember the price, but I ordered before there was any IMBOC discount offered) I have to admit, I was a tad bit disapointed. "I FELL FOR IT!!!!!" was all I could say to myself :lol:

I truly appreciate all the things you and many others have done for this site. I have tried and tried to find out more about the PP cars, and have come up dry.
Like- who used them, where they were sold, how many were crushed, things like that. I like having one, even tho they were beat to death by many people before they were sold, I think it is a testament to the durability of the Mustang in general. And I like how they were *sort of* hand built, at least more "hands on" built than the regular line.
Heck, I think it's kind of funny how it is known- in great detail- what happened to the 1969 BOSS 302's, but in the modern age of computer tracking and so-forth, we seem to come up short here.
Thanks for your work on these and your answers to many questions. I have not had time to be on here much lately, just a fly-by once a day is about it. :shine: Have a great day!

·
Administrator
6,465 Posts
Palerider, how is it specifically you think this should be done? Please respond without calling people "thugs". I am trying to understand what you think would differentiate it.

·
Administrator
6,465 Posts
jimbo020 said:
Thanks, Tony, for all your efforts. As I was very eager to get one of these after they were first offered. I think the first one had the wrong year of manufacture, the second one had the wrong production data, the last one I think the production data was correct, but it went back to to the wrong date of manufacture.-- to be completely honest with you, I looked at it, rolled my eyes, and placed it in my car file with the others.- and forgot about it. After seeing it was merely a printed piece of paper, (not even thicker paper) and for the $35 or $45 I paid for it, ( I can't remember the price, but I ordered before there was any IMBOC discount offered) I have to admit, I was a tad bit disapointed. "I FELL FOR IT!!!!!" was all I could say to myself :lol:

I truly appreciate all the things you and many others have done for this site. I have tried and tried to find out more about the PP cars, and have come up dry.
Like- who used them, where they were sold, how many were crushed, things like that. I like having one, even tho they were beat to death by many people before they were sold, I think it is a testament to the durability of the Mustang in general. And I like how they were *sort of* hand built, at least more "hands on" built than the regular line.
Heck, I think it's kind of funny how it is known- in great detail- what happened to the 1969 BOSS 302's, but in the modern age of computer tracking and so-forth, we seem to come up short here.
Thanks for your work on these and your answers to many questions. I have not had time to be on here much lately, just a fly-by once a day is about it. :shine: Have a great day!
Thanks for your feedback. If you send me your date of manufacture information and where the discrepancy is, I will follow up with FPG again. Some of the information likely is available about the history, so I will also ask about how it might be opened up to us. As I understand the PP cars for the '08/09, I don't believe any were crushed, as they are built to be at the production standards.

Greg (bullitt4003) could likely tell you more accurately about Ford's manufacturing strategies here.

I'll post here what I find out.

·
Premium Member
12,030 Posts
jimbo020 said:

Hey Jim, maybe if you got back in touch with Shawn he could be able to tell you more than what he did in Chino? I know he's crazy busy these days and it might take a while but at the very least he may be able to dument what he told you verbally.

Just a thought.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
kaylan1521 said:
Hey Jim, maybe if you got back in touch with Shawn he could be able to tell you more than what he did in Chino? I know he's crazy busy these days and it might take a while but at the very least he may be able to dument what he told you verbally.

Just a thought.
thanks Paul, I tried emailing him about some of those pics he had saved, but I never heard back from him, unfortunately. Those would have been cool pics to have saved!

Tony, I will have to dig out my certificates later and get back to you. I am very busy these day as well, with our crappy spring weather, I have jobs that got way behind.
thx!! :shine:

·
Premium Member
12,030 Posts
jimbo020 said:
thanks Paul, I tried emailing him about some of those pics he had saved, but I never heard back from him, unfortunately. Those would have been cool pics to have saved!

Tony, I will have to dig out my certificates later and get back to you. I am very busy these day as well, with our crappy spring weather, I have jobs that got way behind.
thx!! :shine:
If you want to forward the email to either Greg or Me we can mention it to Shawn since we're in talks with him for PCB.

Either that or I can just mention it to him.

·
Premium Member
1,286 Posts
Tony Alonso said:
Palerider, how is it specifically you think this should be done? Please respond without calling people "thugs". I am trying to understand what you think would differentiate it.
Ok, first of all, I've re-upped my membership so you guys can relax knowing you have the 2nd highest value member still here (based on outlay of cash) behind only Tiger.
Owner of the most famous Ford in existence (unless they ever find the '68 photo-shoot Bullitt) and owner of the most powerful N/A Bullitt on the planet. :smile:
I'm putting out these facts to hopefully keep some of the abrasiveness and attack dogs at bay long enough for a discussion here.

In the linc I posted above, in another thread on this subject, you and I have a discussion on this topic back in February of 2011. In that thread, I state:
A more detailed break-out of the year and PP totals as was on the original certs (but accurate) would have been appropriate
The most important aspect of a PP is obviously the fact it is a PP:leftie: :idea:
Therefore, the following would be apprpriate for those cars:

or leave the color break-out intact and simply add the line:

I feel this added line is intuative and logical for the PP's as their exclusivity is based primarily on their preproduction status and trumps any other aspect of these cars. :leftie: :dhg08: :smile:

The 'Production Sheets' could likewise have a break out of the PP's which would of course be the smallest quantity (most exclusive) on the list.

The quote I posted above of you saying you were in contact with John Clor and that "certificates for the PP folks have to be generated with some additional manual effort" as well as "data sheet numbers were revised to include the PP totals" indicated the above info would on the certs and production sheets, so it was shocking when they were issued generically with no breakout of PP's, instead combining the two years and categorizing the PP's as regular production series which they are not.:frown:

:dhg08: :dhg08: :dhg08:

·
Premium Member
12,030 Posts
Palerider said:
Ok, first of all, I've re-upped my membership so you guys can relax knowing you have the 2nd highest value member still here (based on outlay of cash) behind only Tiger.
Owner of the most famous Ford in existence (unless they ever find the '68 photo-shoot Bullitt) and owner of the most powerful N/A Bullitt on the planet. :smile:
I'm putting out these facts to hopefully keep some of the abrasiveness and attack dogs at bay long enough for a discussion here.

In the linc I posted above, in another thread on this subject, you and I have a discussion on this topic back in February of 2011. In that thread, I state:

The most important aspect of a PP is obviously the fact it is a PP:leftie: :idea:

I feel this added line is intuative and logical for the PP's as their exclusivity is based primarily on their preproduction status and trumps any other aspect of these cars. :leftie: :dhg08: :smile:

The 'Production Sheets' could likewise have a break out of the PP's which would of course be the smallest quantity (most exclusive) on the list.

The quote I posted above of you saying you were in contact with John Clor and that "certificates for the PP folks have to be generated with some additional manual effort" as well as "data sheet numbers were revised to include the PP totals" indicated the above info would on the certs and production sheets, so it was shocking when they were issued generically with no breakout of PP's, instead combining the two years and categorizing the PP's as regular production series which they are not.:frown:

Well, since you DID up your membership again I'm going to go out on the limb here. Maybe if you were to make more posts like the one above or talked about your NA car and what you've done to it rather than your typical abrasive and antagonistic posts the "Thugs" may actually be nice back to you.

Just a thought.

·
Administrator
6,465 Posts
Palerider said:

I am assuming you are making these statements tongue-in-cheek.

Palerider said:
When you post what you did above, it can be interpreted as you displaying an attitude of arrogance and superiority. This is why you likely get some of the reactions you do.

Palerider said:

I understand what you are saying. While I don't know all the particulars of the systems they used to print each certificate, the data obviously exists to generate the total counts. Given what you've described, I will talk to John Clor about this again. I will send your images to him.

To be clear, I took this on originally to be helpful to the community when the '08-'09 certificates were delayed, NOT to purposefully downgrade anything. When you made statements like this ("A group who treats this site as their personal chat room berating the car it is supposed to support is the very definition of troll. As the PP's are more rare they present an even greater target of their scorn.), not only was it insulting to me, but you totally mis-characterized who I am. I am an enthusiast just like you who loves the Bullitt.

I will post back in this thread as I find more.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Paul, my home email is: [email protected]
Whatever PP info (or pics) you get from Shawn you can forward to me if you like! Much appreciated!:clap:

I DO like the images Pale has done in the last of his posts.
To put it in perspective and don't mistake me as a snooty PP Bullitt owner, cuz I don't think I am, :lol: (at least my feelings) it would be like FORD donating "RED" to Hoondog, only after painting it black. The same car, but not quite the same thing... now it's another Black BULLITT...
I guess that's how I feel about the whole certificate "thing".
But like I said before, not a biggie. But it would have been nice to have the PP cars added or pulled out in a separate way. If Tony can get a change made to the PP certs, I would certainly enjoy being included in a re-issue. ;) If not, I can live another day with it as it is... :)
Have a great day you guys, back to work for me... :faint:

·
Premium Member
1,286 Posts
Thanks for your help on the cert and production sheet.
Please let jimbo020 and myself know how to get the revised paperwork. I believe we are the only 2 "active" PP owners on the site - although I think 1PP01's owner "toejamm" passes through occasionally.
And my 'thugs' statement was obviously in reply to the attack after I said 'PP's are hated here, not out of the blue as you and Kaylan later imply. I'm through with this site as far as any kind of comraderie or socialization as I believe the inclination toward ****ing matches is way too high in this place. And yes, what I stated about my cars is true, backed up by documentation and photos in my "Garage" section, so there - neener neener neener:D :py2: :drool2: :yawn: :dhg08: :dhg09:

PS- Also need to correct the 'production date' on the cert. I think 'jimbo020' has the same error.

·
Premium Member
12,030 Posts
Palerider said:
And my 'thugs' statement was obviously in reply to the attack after I said 'PP's are hated here, not out of the blue as you and Kaylan later imply. I'm through with this site as far as any kind of comraderie or socialization as I believe the inclination toward ****ing matches is way too high in this place. And yes, what I stated about my cars is true, backed up by documentation and photos in my "Garage" section, so there - neener neener neener:D :py2: :drool2: :yawn: :dhg08: :.
Well...........

You just don't get it do you? Even when people are trying to help you out with info you still have to take shots at the group huh? Any info I can get from Shawn I will happily pass on to Jim. You on the other hand are on your own.

And your neener, neener, neener and most powerful NA car comments....

Know what that will get you at the track when running blown, nitrous powered cars like mine? You get to look at taiilights.

Neener, neener, neener back.

Off to comraderie and socializing at the 45th.

Later.

141 - 160 of 177 Posts