Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just was FINALLY able to order these from Summit and should be here Sunday. Got install kit and gaskets from Ebay and should be here next week.
Also have a friend that work for Ford and as soon as I take of the valve covers he will come and get them and paint them for me. We will see how this goes.
Not too concerned about more power but am a dope for the lope !!!
Mike

·
Premium Member
2,706 Posts
You need a couple of special tools for the job. A sprocket wedge and a valve compressor. Check directions sheet from Ford. Also you MUST have it professionally tuned for the cams, you need quite a bit more ignition timing and other tweaks to get the high end working properly and still have the low end drive ability, which may suffer a bit. They sound really good and work well with long tube headers, if you are so inclined. (Better exhaust scavenging) Good luck. Keep us informed. Pictures!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You need a couple of special tools for the job. A sprocket wedge and a valve compressor. Check directions sheet from Ford. Also you MUST have it professionally tuned for the cams, you need quite a bit more ignition timing and other tweaks to get the high end working properly and still have the low end drive ability, which may suffer a bit. They sound really good and work well with long tube headers, if you are so inclined. (Better exhaust scavenging) Good luck. Keep us informed. Pictures!
Thanks so much and as I said , I have the install tools coming as well.
Thanks , Mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts