Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know were i can get a bullit press kit
i understand there are three of them i seen
the detroit and la ones but were is the third from?

·
Premium Member
8,773 Posts
I've got two press kits. The Mustang Bullitt one, which is the one with the booklet and slides. I don't know if this is one of the auto show ones, but it's the one usually shown on e-bay. The second one is the Living Legends Media Kit. It features the new T-Bird, Focus and the Bullitt. The kit contains a cd which has over 140 jpgs. Twenty two feature the Bullitt (most of the pictures that appeared in the press and on the internet), about 20 of the Focus and the remainder of the T-Bird, both new and classic T-Birds, including several old B&W pictures.

·
Banned
975 Posts
There were three Bullitt press kits. Detroit, L.A. and Chicago a.k.a. Legends Press Kit. The L.A. Kit had the Keychain in the bag handed out with the kit. I have all three. The prices on E-Bay had increased in the past three months. Good Luck finding them at a decent price now.
:bullitt:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mb4875 on 2001-10-31 21:14 ]</font>

·
Registered
822 Posts
Just letting everyone know..I no longer have the two press kits..They have been sold. Thanks for all the emails..

Semper Fi

·
Registered
152 Posts
I e-mailed Ford Media yesterday and asked if I could get a 2001 Bullit press kit, they said sure received it the next day Fedex....
Now thats service.:eek:

Sorry no Bullitt Keychain. But the slides and the book are nice.

Ell

·
Registered
444 Posts
Yeah, what's the Address. I'd love something on the car. I was never able to get a brouchure. This would more than make up for it.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I got the same Bull SH%$ message. I even mentioned that some, if not most, of us would be willing to buy them. Great attitude Ford, this will win you a lot of repeat
customers.

Arrogant bastards......

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
Folks,

A number of us have been working with the Ford folks to get trinkets, find ways to license apparel, parts, etc.. The Ford Media people have given out most of the Press Kits to the press. I bought mine from eBay from a reporter for some paper, and yeah, I spent too much. :wink:

Basically, I am very suprised that Ford Media was so gracious with some of the members in sending the kits, but it appears that they have run out now (or are close to it). The chances of us getting support from Ford Media is much better if we respect their position, and try to understand that they don't continually print the kits, and they were bound to run out.

I guess what I am trying to say here is that there are a number of us still trying to work with Ford Media on how we can continue to support the members and the car (licensing, maybe future products, etc). We get more attention if we are respectful.

And keep an eye out on eBay.. sometimes you get lucky. In the meantime, please understand where we (the site management) are coming from.

So I ask that you reconsider your words based on this, and hopefully you'll see what I mean.

B-Man

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
...AND.. I just got an email from them.

it looks like Ford Media is trying to get us the last bit of kits they have to raffle-off here on the site.

Stay tuned! :smile:

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
thanks B-Man, looking forward to the raffle or contest!
folks you've got to remember that there's NO WAY Ford can make all of us happy and "give" all of us free stuff.
i'm no different than you guys, i LOVE any and all stuff related to the Bullitt but will be satisfied with whatever i can get.
no one could make us ALL or keep us ALL Happy!!
i've got a brichure from back in March, i bought the DVD movie and poster set, i've got several articles, i've got the cool Bullitt keychain from Blakwing and i bought several Revall metal Bullitt models...1/64 and 1/25 scale.

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
Oh, and I did confirm. The Keychains are LONG gone. They only made a small number to give out at the LA show, and I can't find anyone who knows where to get these (other than the gouging on eBay).

I think we might have 3 or 4 kits to raffle on here (no, I won't be keeping one, I spent $65 on ebay for mine!!) :smile:

Ford Media does know, we are a ravenous bunch when it comes to Bullitt stuff! :smile:

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
The thing that bothers me is that Ford spent millions(?) on the advertising of the Bullitt(keychains, press packages, posters, banners, dealer handouts) and none of these items ever made it to the consumers. With the exception of the dealer handout (I got one). But even those weren't widely distributed. All this stuff ended up in the hands of those that were eventually going to either throw them away or sell them on E-bay and gouge the hell out of us. I love my Bullitt, but thanks for nothing.

·
Registered
543 Posts
This the reply I got...

Subject: RE: Ford Mustang Bullitt Press Kit

John,

Thank you very much for your interest in the 2001 Bullitt Mustang. We wholeheartedly agree that it is truly an enthusiast's vehicle. Unfortunately, our press kit supply cannot meet the demand of passionate owners like yourself.

We truly appreciate your inquiry and value your enthusiasm. Enjoy the ride!

Ford Media Information Center

·
Registered
111 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-11-02 10:46, Y2K16T8 wrote:
The thing that bothers me is that Ford spent millions(?) on the advertising of the Bullitt(keychains, press packages, posters, banners, dealer handouts) and none of these items ever made it to the consumers. With the exception of the dealer handout (I got one). But even those weren't widely distributed. All this stuff ended up in the hands of those that were eventually going to either throw them away or sell them on E-bay and gouge the hell out of us. I love my Bullitt, but thanks for nothing.

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, but these trinkets were intended for these people, not Bullitt owners. My company does the same sort of thing. We use trinkets (flashlights) to get people interested in coming to see us at trade shows and give out literature (press kits). The chances of getting the media excited enough to write about your car when covering these shows are greatly enhanced if you can generate excitement and buzz. If you also provide them with good information, they tend to write about your car/product.

I would view this a little differently if the consumer was the intended target for this advertising, but we weren't. Ford knows that the target market for the Bullitt is auto enthusiasts, so they wanted to generate excitement among the automotive press so that they would write about the car. It worked. The way I found out about the Bullitt was an article in Motor Trend on J. Mays and the Bullitt concept car.

Let's face it, advertising is designed to sell cars, not reward those who have already bought it. For those of us who already own Bullitts, what's Ford's incentive to spend money patting us on the back? We probably aren't going to go out and purchase another Bullitt (let's not go down the quality issue rat hole again).

Just my 2-cents.

Rick

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
wow rick, i don't know how i could have been stated any better than you just did.
Thanks!
they are "press" and "media" kits.
not "customer" kits

·
Registered
466 Posts
Amen to that. I don't understand all the bitching about something the buyer was never intended to receive in the first place. Contrary to what those in favor of political correctness would have us believe, life aint fair.

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
BUT, Ford Media has been gracious enough to scrounge the last bits up, and we should have a few to make available to the members. I was going to auction them, but that seems a bit unfair to those without the extra cash, so I will raffle them with the proceeds going to pay for the site costs.

Does that sound okay?

B-man

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
I am sure that everyone understands that the 2001 year is over for the auto industry and that this material was printed LONG ago. If they are out then say they out, everyone would understand that. But the term Cannot meet demands sounds like you are not entitled to one. Now I am not saying that is what they are saying it just sounds that way. I think we are all big boys and girls here if they are out they are out, Just say it. I don't think that anybody would bad mouth them for being out of last years media...and the kits have surved their purpose, the year is over.
And I think it is a grat idea to raffle what ever you can get or want, and throw the money into the site.

Mid Life Crisis #388

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mid Life Crisis #388 on 2001-11-02 11:50 ]</font>

1 - 20 of 22 Posts