Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered a aluminum drive shaft from fordspeed.com. It's on sale for $159.00. I got it for $171.00 after 2 day shipping. Good deal.

Has anyone installed one themselves? How long did it take and how difficult ie. special tools etc..?

Dark Highland Green #1790
Mods:Baer Racing EradiSpeed Rotors, Eibach springs, Tri-Ax shifter, Mac cold air induction

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Brad1790 on 2001-10-10 20:32 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Brad1790 on 2001-10-11 22:55 ]</font>

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TrueBlueBullitt,

Thanks a bunch. That's exactly what I needed. I was sure it was out there, but there is so much to read.

Brad

·
Registered
959 Posts
I just installed my aluminum diveshaft last night. It takes longer to jack the car up and get the tools out than it does to swap out the driveshaft.

I was pleaseed with the weight difference. That's a lot of rotational mass removed. Didn't get to drive it last night so I can't tell you what difference in feel and noise yet. It will get thoroughly tested this weekend on the road course.

Being anal, I painted the iron parts so they wouldn't rust like I have on the entire rear end.

Brian

·
Registered
204 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-10-11 08:11, FordBullitt wrote:
I just installed my aluminum diveshaft last night. It takes longer to jack the car up and get the tools out than it does to swap out the driveshaft.

I was pleaseed with the weight difference. That's a lot of rotational mass removed. Didn't get to drive it last night so I can't tell you what difference in feel and noise yet. It will get thoroughly tested this weekend on the road course.

Being anal, I painted the iron parts so they wouldn't rust like I have on the entire rear end.

Brian

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>
LOL! I thought about painting too, but laziness prevailed! :smile:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts