Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw the movie yesterday and I loved it. My wife even enjoyed it and she isn't a car nut. Bale/Damon did a great job and their friendship on screen made the movie. Although a replica for the movie, the GT40 MK II is gorgeous. It's worth your $10-12.

8.5/10

·
Premium Member
13,918 Posts
The large majority of the guys on a Porsche board I visit gave it a two thumbs up. I haven't gone to a theatre for I dunno how many decades, but I might have to catch this one.

·
Administrator
6,221 Posts
It's worthy of seeing on the big screen, especially for the racing action. I agree it was a well-done movie, even if some of the characterizations and story details weren't exactly accurate.

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
37,516 Posts
It's ...some of the characterizations and story details weren't exactly accurate.
They never are. Except for "Good Morning Vietnam." Best portrayal of the Vietnam experience I've ever seen. All you would have to do is pipe the smell of raw fish into the theater and you'd be there!

·
BULLITT In The Chamber
92 Posts
Saw it on the 14th... GREAT MOVIE!!

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Tony & Bonzai, AGREE ! Very Much worth while to see !

My wife also enjoyed the movie.

We saw it last Saturday- the afternoon following its release in our area.

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
Went to the movie yesterday. First movie in quite a while. It definitely was worth the entry fee! Was it perfect?? Nah! But it was close to the reality, and it did stir some old childhood memories. Matt Damon wasn't a perfect Carole Shelby, but honestly I couldn't think of a better actor to portray the man. They seemed to have softened his character somewhat, but he's playing Shelby the old man, not the ball buster from the sixties. I think the Henry was a little dumbed down, he was more hands on as I recall. Mostly, what's screwed with is the time compression. But how do you crunch years of racing and a final race into two and half hours. It could have been a better miniseries. Otherwise, it's close to reality as the accounts that I have read tell it. I wasn't there, so who's to say? I think just about everyone that was there is gone now.

·
37,516 Posts
Midgeman and Gilligan --- two old former visitors who never seem to find time to stop by Nifty 50s anymore to even just say "hi." Wonder what I did. Maybe it's my breath? Hmmm. ..

Reactions: bullit4404

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Midgeman and Gilligan --- two old former visitors who never seem to find time to stop by Nifty 50s anymore to even just say "hi." Wonder what I did? Maybe it's my breath? Hmmm. ..
Now that you mention it................... LOL !

Hey Buddy, I DO drop by at times JUST to say Hello...

to my Old Ship's Captain !

Happy Thanksgiving & A Wonderful Holiday Season !

Gilligan / Dick

·
37,516 Posts
Now that you mention it................... LOL !

Hey Buddy, I DO drop by at times JUST to say Hello...

to my Old Ship's Captain !

Happy Thanksgiving & A Wonderful Holiday Season !

Gilligan / Dick
That's right, you do occasionally drop by. My apologies, Li'l Buddy! But that white-sock wearing Parma transplant hasn't showed his face since Jesus was a small boy!

Reactions: bullit4404

·
Registered
133 Posts
Took the whole family to movie yesterday. Very good film, even my wife and daughter who aren't car people enjoyed it. Worth seeing now or when it hits Netflix. The racing scenes could have been done a bit more realistically but that's a small criticism of an otherwise great story. It had special meaning for me and my son as he's a Ford engineer and has driven a modern GT at the Ford proving grounds and has done some SCCA racing with me. His grandfather (my Dad who has passed) raced in SCCA events in the 60's and later years and he knew some Sebring racers. My Mom also loved the movie and went with a bunch of older lady friends.

There are a lot of good videos on youtube that chronicle the '60's Ford GT endurance effort. Really interesting stuff for any that were too young to take it in when it happened.

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
That's right, you do occasionally drop by. My apologies, Li'l Buddy! But that white-sock wearing Parma transplant hasn't showed his face since Jesus was a small boy!
I've been busy talking with Methusela. :wink2:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts