Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else kinda wondering if Ford is going to make it? The stuff linked off of BON is kind of scary about At&t and Ford. I have my doubts the Mach 1 will ever see the light of day at this point. Jac was a joke, and I do not think too much of the current Ford running things...I for one do not see how someone with that liberal of a political agenda (and I am not attacking democrats, he is a borderline green party tree hugger) can really do what needs to be done to give people the kind of cars they want and that Ford needs to build. I do not think we have ever seen a Ford so out of touch with the heritage and history of the company. Does the guy even like Mustangs?

Bullitt 457
50 Merc
32 Ford

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: merc50 on 2001-12-18 09:54 ]</font>

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Ford's got lots of troubles but this is typical in the auto business especially during a recession. I know the Bullitt sold out fast but I haven't read how profitable it was for Ford do produce a limited edition vehicle. This is probably going to strongly influence the Mach 1 'cause Ford just doesn't have any money to lose anymore. Ford's probably in it's worst shape in 20 years (my opinion).

·
Registered
466 Posts
I read in a recent article that the Ford family lost millions this year due to the lack of a dividend, or a smaller than expected dividend, I don't really recall. Never-the-less, this was cited as one of the reasons Nassar was ousted. Bill Ford may be an environmentalist, but he is a Ford first. I think he is smart enough to know that they need to make a profit first.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts