Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wel it took me a while but I finally got to putting his pics up for all to see.. Sorry for the wait....

Basic kit parts..

Air can and stock snorkel..

Air can and March hose adapter..

Air hose with ruler..

March air hose on air can complete..

Ram air scoop installed..

Air scoop with extra bracket..

Scoop with extra bracket..

air scoop with extra bracket 2..

air scoop with extra bracket 3..

Fender hole with air can removed..

Air scoop front view finished..

Sorry for the delay..

2001 DHG Bullitt #171

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blakwing on 2001-06-12 18:03 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blakwing on 2001-06-12 18:04 ]</font>

·
Registered
959 Posts
First... big thanks to Blakwing for posting the pics. Install time wasn't bad. Being a bit anal, I went and got all stainless hardware from the hardware store first plus the aluminum to make brackets. All told, probably took 2 hours with all the modifications. Feel free to email me privately if anyone has questions.

·
Registered
252 Posts
FordBullitt....
Just be careful if you live in an area that floods. I bought that SAME ram air kit for my 97 GT. I had EVERY available bolt on installed on that car and that was my final piece. It took me about 2 hours to do and then about another hour to undo. I finished and then read a warning about driving it through flooded areas. Well, down in central IL where I used to live there was only ONE road I could take to get to school and it flooded FREQUENTLY so I got scared off and removed and returned it. Not only that when I had it installed it took some of the back cackle out of my exhaust from 2 K down.
I traded that car on my 2000 Camaro SS.(BIG mistake) Then the sales manager ended up buying it when my best friend showed him all the stuff I had bolted on to it. To this day I still see the general manager of a chevy dealership driving around my old GT. (sniff sniff....getting all misty eyed) The car has almost 160 K on it and no problems to report.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Lok N Load..Yes, you MUST be careful with this device in even small puddles of standing water. I warned people about this early on I thought. Thanks for bringing it up again.

As my Bullitt is a pampered puppy, only coming out on sunny days and race days, it shouldn't ever see any high water. I'll also have a scewdriver handy just in case it does rai though, so I can disconnect it. Hopefully, Kraft will get their kit modified to clear out manifolds and I will remove it and convert to the hood scoop.

Brian

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
I had a setup like that,only 2 scoops from a 69,442 Olds,on my 85 LX back in 1988. Other than sucking up twigs and bugs,what got me was dragging the scoops in the driveway. The Kar Kraft duct package is going to be a while off,like Fall! I am going to use the March hose and filter adapter, and pickup the air from the lower openings in the bumper. No one really knows how effective the Bullitt hood scoop is at grabbing air. Mi

·
Registered
959 Posts
Good point. I know the scoop id good at picking up water when I wash it.. :smile:

I really need to hook up a low pressure gauge and see if the kit actually produces any positive pressure at higher speeds.

Brian

·
Registered
264 Posts
Fantastic stuff!!!

Great pictures. Thanx for the detail. YOu must have had to do some contorting to get a few of those.

Well done!

Paul G.

·
Registered
959 Posts
PBGas...

Happy to do it. That is what great groups like this are all about. This would be great for the FAQ section for installs. Let's hope everyone continues to contribute.

Brian

·
Registered
264 Posts
Exactly!

I will post my welded subframe pictures and a driveshaft install in the next couple of weeks as well. Not real hi-tech stuff to do but nonetheless, it may help someone out there and that is the whole idea as you have done here!

Thx again!

Paul G.

·
Registered
959 Posts
I look forward to hearing how the driveshaft works out. I want to install it in the next couple of weeks when all my rear suspension stuff comes in and goes on. I'll be posting pics on the suspension upgrades too.

Brian

1 - 11 of 11 Posts