1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check this out guys...

A co-worker sent me a website about the College Grad Program. Here's the skinny

You’re in the driver’s seat if, between May 1, 1999 and January 3, 2002, you:

graduated, or will graduate, from an accredited college or graduate school with at least a bachelor degree, OR

graduated, or will graduate, from an accredited junior college, community college, nursing school or trade school, OR

are currently enrolled in graduate school.

Also, you must purchase or lease, and take delivery of, any eligible new Ford or Mercury vehicle between January 4, 2001 and January 3, 2002 to qualify for the $400 Cash Bonus.

Bought 5508 on 21 Sep and the salesman didn't even ask if I was a recent college grad. Then when I called him about it, he said "we usually don't ask" Go figure...so I told him I finished my MBA in May of 2000 and wanted my $400 bucks. He said "bring in your diploma or transcript and I'll fill out the form and Ford will send you a check". So I did...he's mailing it off tomorrow. I'll let you know if I get my check.

Here's the link to the Ford College Grad Program site for more info:

http://www.fordcollegegrad.com/

·
Registered
63 Posts
My dealer asked me but luckily my wife just graduated med school so we did the same deal!
Hence I now drive DHG #4111. :smile:

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Bama,

I used to live in B'ham and worked at Eastwood Ford. They used to let me take mustangs home for lunch! It was great.

So how long did it take Ford to get you the $400 clams?

·
Registered
63 Posts
No time at all it was done on the actual dealing from the get go! He just asked my wife to fax him a copy of her diploma the next day. I got mine from Town & country Ford in Bessemer it is a fairly new huge dealership. Ol' Edsel Ford came down to cut the ribbon a few years ago!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Just to let you know you cannot use the x-plan in conjunction with the college grad rebate.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts