Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ford's Warranty Coverage on Aftermarket & Ford Racing Performance Parts (FRPP) !!!!!

IMBOC Members & Guest

What so many people ask about concerning

Performance Parts After-Market
&
Ford Racing Parts

Ford's Warranty Coverage

tigerhonaker

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Each dealer will interpret the law differently. Most do not care about minor modifications, despite what MOTHER FORD would like you to believe.

Because of the Moss Magnusun Act, the dealer would have to prove that any aftermarket part caused the specific problem. Just because there are aftermarket parts on the car, doesn't mean the dealer has the right to refuse warranty work. Only if the problem in question is caused by the aftermarket part, can the warranty work be declined. And only for that piece of the warranty. If for example, you have an aftermarket exhaust, you're suspension parts and warranty cannot be declined. Furthermore, the part in question must be DIRECTLY at fault for the problem for the work to be declined. Example, an aftermarket lowering spring set cannot void any warranty for the sway bar systems, as the two are not in DIRECT relation to one another.

It's a complicated arena, with usually lots of finger pointing, but if you stick to your guns, use qualified installers, and buy quality parts, you shouldn't have any trouble with aftermarket parts and warranties.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Roush & Whipple S/C Warranty ???

I guess they offer a warranty for the ROUSH and Whipple superchargers because they are BOTH actually FORD parts, am I correct ... ??? :confused:

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
To date; everything I do, is with ford parts installed by my local dealer... As long as I keep going to them, they'll warranty the bullitt...

·
Administrator
13,266 Posts
The chance you take modifying the car. You have to pay to play! Any tune, blower etc causing engine failure will result in a large dent in your bank account. Roush SC are covered under a Roush warranty. Same thing with Saleen. I understand form Ford folks that even if you are able to put the OEM tune back in the computer in the 08/09s can tell on you.

With the liability limits for a failed engine at $5000 That is not going to cover replacing the engine even if it is warrantied.

·
Car Whisperer
21,377 Posts
Magnuson-Moss Act is still in effect and requires the dealer to show that the part caused the failure. thus putting a hurst shifter in your car should not void your warranty when your a/c goes out.

but, as Droopy said, you play, you pay. if you are worried about the warranty, leave it alone and just drive it.

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Same old story . If you are worried about the warranty don't touch the car very simple.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Bullitt512 said:
To date; everything I do, is with ford parts installed by my local dealer... As long as I keep going to them, they'll warranty the bullitt...
Most likely the best philosopy and practice. :smile:

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
perhaps I am sure ford will stand by their own parts quicker then aftermarket

·
Premium Member
4,220 Posts
I guess some of our fun is the confidence that everything is ok with our Bullitts, when in doubt don't mod!!!
If you have to have this or that by all means go for it, Its your car.
Warranty's are for 3 or 6 years but mod's are for a lifetime of memories

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
I am too old not to mod the car yesterday

1 - 11 of 11 Posts