Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those that have them, how happy are you with them? I'd always thought about getting one because at least once a year, the sherrif's dept and local PD auctions off former service vehicles. Just scared because I figure they've been trashed and abused. For those that have them, are they usually well cared for by the city/county/state?

·
Premium Member
18,826 Posts
itsabullitt said:
For those that have them, how happy are you with them? I'd always thought about getting one because at least once a year, the sherrif's dept and local PD auctions off former service vehicles. Just scared because I figure they've been trashed and abused. For those that have them, are they usually well cared for by the city/county/state?
I have a retired 2003 CVPI which is pictured below. I purchased it with 104,XXX miles in 2004 and it now has 118,XXX miles. It has been very reliable although just recently the rear wheel bearings went out and they had to be replaced. It is my daily driver and performs quite well for a large four door sedan, imho. Whether or not they have been well cared for varies. Most if not all agencies perform routine service on their vehicles but they do get driven quite hard while on duty...I know, I drove a CVPI daily for two years as a Cincinnati Police Officer. BALLS TO THE WALL, BABY! I really enjoy CVPI's. I am trying to find a NEW black 2007 CVPI that does not have any police duty miles on it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your car is exactly what I would want. It would also make the ricers nervous :lol:

·
Premium Member
18,826 Posts
itsabullitt said:
Your car is exactly what I would want. It would also make the ricers nervous :lol:
:lol:

YEAH BUDDY!!!

That's a cool thing about CVPI's...makes the ricer boyz very nervous. I have had vehicles stacked 20 deep behind me rolling down the interstate refusing to pass. :nerd:

·
Car Whisperer
20,868 Posts
I have a 99, had 61,000 when I got it, now has 85,000 on it and no issues at all.

·
Registered
826 Posts
I love mine. I have a 170K on it and only minor problems (door lock actuator dead, cooling fan motor died). Try to find one with cruise control, cloth rear seating and full carpeting. That is usually a hint that the car was not used for daily patrol.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
I think you saw from my other post how well the 99 CVPI that I owned was cared for while in service and while in my hands. It wasn't until I sold it that it was abused. I would buy another one in a heartbeat if I had the cash. It just depends on where you look. Missouri retires theirs after about 45k to 50k miles and those are always a great find. Bottom line, I regret selling mine as I had it in great shape.

FYI, I would not buy one from the local PD here. They run them until they fall apart and haven't even bought CVPIs since the Impala was redesigned. Funny, cuz the Fire Dept still uses the Vics. The PD switched to the Impalas, Intrepids, back to Impalas and is trying out the Charger now, but I haven't seen any of those marked. The Sheriff's office does have marked Chargers...oooohhhh, ahhhhh. LOL

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, here they had crown vics, then Impalas and just now have gone back to Crown Vics. The Stater Troopers have always had Crown Vics, but are now adding Chargers to the fleet. Thanks for the input guys.

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
My 2000 CVPI had 85,000 when I got it in 03 and now it has 135,000, it was Wisconson Adams county Sherffs car, and it was my rual mail car for a year and half, and now it hauls my big but to tulsa every week, only issues I have had is the plastic intake started leaking after the recall expired and a coil pac caused it to misfire under load without popping code.....

I love it and abuse it as much as I can

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
I've been trying to get PY to sell me his! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts