Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

Anybody ever seen sneaky stuff like this from FORD before?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• All the time

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Shadow Black K2149
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently found a four conductor plug near the cold air intake box and the one end that supposedly went to something has been wired to it’s self like a bypass or jumped out. Keep in mind that the Ford factory had to have done this since my Bullitt was in the buy back program (lemon). My concern is first of all why they did this and second is something not really working but computer has been “tricked” ( but not me) to think everything is A-OK. Of course the thing to do is unplug it from itself to find out if error messages would give a hint to what it had went to (you know I couldn’t resist) !!! After I did, it immediately popped up a message about “suspension problem speed reduced to 80 mph maximum.“ and it was doing all sorts of weird stuff. Even after I plugged it back to itself it was doing crazy stuff (different messages but not error messages) for about 30 minutes before it finally calmed down and was back to being the same old badass bargain Bullitt. It sounds like possibly Magneride issue to me but I can tell a difference in stiffness when changing modes, so I think it’s working. Anybody got any comments that would help? Also please let me know a way to tell if Magneride is definitely affecting/working on ALL four “corners” of my car. Any help would be appreciated and ease my mind a little; although, I still have 2 years or 31000 miles of Bumper to Bumper warranty left. I definitely want to get it right before it runs out!!! Thanks Bullittheads!!!! Keep on grabbing 3rd gear!!.

·
Registered
2019 Shadow Black K2149
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update Ifound out from a Ford mechanic that the dead headed plug is used for engine diagnostics. Sorry for thinking the unthinkable. I can admit when I am wrong. Still I can’t tell too much difference between Magneride modes. Keep on grabbing 3rd!!
Scott

·
Administrator
6,520 Posts
Thanks for the update! Regarding the feeling of MagneRide, without doing some sort of electronic diagnostics, I would assume you would know it's functioning by seeing how the ride firmness changes when you switch modes, particularly over bumpy roads if you are doing street driving. I have a non-MagneRide car, so my experience only comes from comparing the suspension feel on the street over uneven surfaces.

Reactions: bullit4404
1 - 3 of 3 Posts