Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got dune readying the artical in mm&ff about the fr500 exaust it seams like a sweet system. Accourding to MM&FF it will be available to buy through ford racing.( correct me if i am wrong) anyone have a clue on the cost of the nice set up. 8-10 hp at the wheels is nice for a cat system on a stock stang. if you havent read the artical yet do so its pretty good.

·
Registered
103 Posts
The FR500 exhaust is a Cobra only piece. It's designed to fit the IRS not a live axle.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ERGGGGGGG hope ford comes up with a killer exhaust for us bullitt heads

·
Registered
248 Posts
They said there is a trap door in the muffler and when you get on it, it opens and goes through a second chamber, are those mufflers available for us? and why couldn't you just change the mufflers to these? and is it just a fitting problem with the live vs solid axles? whew, lot of questions... :smile:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Not to change the subject guys but isnt that the most awsome reflection you ever saw in
5135`s paint? Got to get busy,mine only has
six coats. Great shot.That will be fun to try and duplicate. Wheres my Zaino??

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Thanks for the compliment on the shine guys.

Gotta love Zaino.....and it will be a sad day if I ever get a ding in my baby. I take all the necessary precautions, but u can never tell.....

·
Registered
16 Posts
The cobra exhaust system is in the 2001 Ford performance catalog # M-5230-M58. List's for about $695. Go to the Arvin site and they talk about it as a new product. There was another chat somewhere here where another outfit makes an add-on presssure sensitive valve to correct back flow, it supposed to work. On the same page in the Ford cataloge is an exhaust system for the 2001 GT Mustangs. I am wondering if that is our Bullitt exhaust? They have 2 models, one is loud and the other is really LOUD!

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
the Bullitt exhaust is unique to our vehicles and is NOT used on any other production Ford, including the GT(at least cats and mufflers)when you order a new exhaust or pipes for a Bullitt,... they ship out the entire unit from the headers back to the rolled tips

·
Registered
14 Posts
Can the FR500 be modified to fit the live axle app? I found it for right at $600 at gefracing.com.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts