Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got a chance to finish installing the FR500 steering wheel that Santa brought me for Christmas. BIG difference. I don't think it runs any faster though.

Here is a link to the web page with some more pics.
http://www.quicksurf.com/ths/bullitt/Mods/FR500_Steering/
Mid Life Crisis #388

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mid Life Crisis #388 on 2001-12-28 21:38 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mid Life Crisis #388 on 2002-01-04 21:18 ]</font>

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
Nice detail on the setup and install of the wheel. BTW, you have met my neighbor, I can tell<G>.

I see you have a third switch next to the traction control. Did you add the GT Fog lights or some other brand? I'm looking at putting on the GT lights, but have been told they are not that great of a light. If you have lights on, what type did you get?

Thanks

Bud

PS are you sure the car is not faster with that NEW wheel<G>?

Bud's Bullitt #00227

http://www.sonic.net/budacad/bullitt/bullitt.htm

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BudACAD on 2001-12-28 21:50 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ford Factory Fog lamp switch, $30.00 and I got some take off fog lamps on ebay for $64.00, all in all $100.00 mod. UNTILL I got the hyper light bulbs $30.00 to match my PIAA headlamps. If you turn the headlights off and just have the fog lamps on then you can see they are not that bad. But the factory beams are pretty darn even left to right and have a minimum of a hot spot. Least compared to what I was driving before.
Actually I just wanted to fill the hole in the center console.
Maybe it is faster, at least in the corners it is....

·
Registered
714 Posts
Very cool of you to detail the installation instructions with pictures. I got an FR500 wheel for Christmas, well a picture of one anyway, they are backordered. Your instructions should make the install a breeze when I get it. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very simple. Hardest part was I tried to use a regular steering wheel puller and pulled the threads out on one side of it. Had to buy a two claw gear puller and that did it no problem. I thought maybe they had super glued the wheel on just like they did with my shifter but it finally came off. I have some more pics I will add and put some text to them later.

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
Hi Midlife,

Thanks for the update on the lights. Sounds like I should think about changing the bulbs in both the headlights and the driving lights :wink:

Bud

·
Registered
714 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-12-29 01:04, Mid Life Crisis #388 wrote:
Very simple. Hardest part was I tried to use a regular steering wheel puller and pulled the threads out on one side of it. Had to buy a two claw gear puller and that did it no problem. I thought maybe they had super glued the wheel on just like they did with my shifter but it finally came off. I have some more pics I will add and put some text to them later.

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

So I guess going straight to the two claw puller is the way to go then. Guess I better grab one when I pick up the T50 bit. Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BudACAD,
Well you can really see the difference that is for sure.... Now there are a lot of cheaper bulb sets out there that make the same claim as the PIAA's and they were kind of in the middle of the price range. Couple of reasons I went with them was they are DOT approved for all 50 states, I was able to find them locally at the 4X4 shop. So I figured if the guys that were beating their trucks up driving up mountains and over cliffs were using them then maybe they were ok. I always feel that I have my high beams on but yet to have anyone flash theirs at me because I am blinding them or anything.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Hi MidLife,
My FR500 wheel will be arriving shortly...I can't wait!
Can you provide me with the new link to your FR500 install page with pics, the link provided above does not work.
Thanks bud!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Thanks Midlife....It's on order. By the way, thanks for the instructions.

Rich

·
Registered
119 Posts
Well, it certainly looks good in your pics and I have big hands so it should feel good too. I'll post a pic when completed.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I know I missed something!!! Were is the best place to get the FR500?
Thanks

·
Registered
69 Posts
I installed GT fog lites on my wife's 01 V6 they look good the road shows up better and best of all SHE is very happy. The install was easy,but NO MODS for 1345!!!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Midlife,
Installed the fr500 steering wheel yesterday. Feels awesome and looks great. I was going to post a pic but then it would look just like your pic so I won't. Thanks for all your help. I like it alot.

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks bullittman615,
Heck go ahead and post, even though we basically all have the same car we all still love looking at great pics. How many times have I seen pics in here and thought,,, that looks good I am going to save it. WAIT I have the same car. No mater, everybody likes sharring.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts