Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The two combined equal very LOUD. I installed the mufflers Sunday, Got to drive it today. These puppies are loud with the off road. Under throttle they are pushing obnoxious,loud. Light throttle and cruising they aren't too bad. Power shifting at 6500-7000 In the car it sounds great. Outside the car It's call the law loud. Backing off the throttle and down shifting it has a nice cackle. I like the sound, but I know the wife will say "what did you do to the Mustang",the next time she rides in it. I need more seat time with these to decide if they will stay. :lol:

Mike...... :dhg08:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Thanx for the feedback.

·
Registered
583 Posts
I think you are the first to run the FR500S mufflers on an Xpipe. Most I have seen are running them with otherwise stock exhaust. I cant wait to get them for mine but I will only change the mufflers. I am in PA where did you get yours? Did you get a good price? You should post a video and let the Bullittheads here them puppies!

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I imagine you've got some trumpeting, perhaps resonators would take the edge off?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BUWITT 3158 said:
I am in PA where did you get yours? Did you get a good price? You should post a video and let the Bullittheads here them puppies!
I got mine thur Summit. They price matched Buy Ford Racings price + I had a $50.00 coupon to use. So I got a good deal on them. I may put the stock catted H-Pipe back on or swap to some hi-flow cats to tone it down. I need more driving time with them on to decide. :wink:

·
Registered
583 Posts
Most people here say the factory h pipe is the route of the Bullitt exhaust sound. The off road X pipe you are using removes the H pipe and the Cats? I woud be curious what your car sounds like.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts