Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep, that's right fellow Bullittheads. In the August 2008 issue of "Hot Rod" magazine on page 52..."The rear axle assembly is borrowed from the Bullitt Mustang parts bin with a 3.73:1 ratio and sturdier pinion bearing, with a Ford Racing/Torsen limited-slip differential installed" On the next page..."while the fresh-air kit is based on Mustang Bullitt components" Their speaking of (in Ford's own words) "The company's first official factory production racer in history."It's the FR500S the $75,000.00 n/a "out of the box" race car from Ford in an article tittled "The Birth Of A Race Car" I remember reading that the Bullitt's rear end was made beefier than the stock GT's. The list of true improvements to our cars keeps growing, but hey, we already knew that by the way she "feels".....so good!!

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
39,301 Posts
Wheelman said:
Yep, that's right fellow Bullittheads. In the August 2008 issue of "Hot Rod" magazine on page 52..."The rear axle assembly is borrowed from the Bullitt Mustang parts bin with a 3.73:1 ratio and sturdier pinion bearing, with a Ford Racing/Torsen limited-slip differential installed" On the next page..."while the fresh-air kit is based on Mustang Bullitt components" Their speaking of (in Ford's own words) "The company's first official factory production racer in history."It's the FR500S the $75,000.00 n/a "out of the box" race car from Ford in an article tittled "The Birth Of A Race Car" I remember reading that the Bullitt's rear end was made beefier than the stock GT's. The list of true improvements to our cars keeps growing, but hey, we already knew that by the way she "feels".....so good!!
The amazing thing is how many "boneheads" are out there who don't have a clue of what we've got, and then smirk and try to put our cars down. Sometimes it's like we're Rodney Dangerfield. :cry:

·
Premium Member
4,220 Posts
I feel bad !
The only people that see my rear end is the ones I pass:badgrin:

·
Registered
110 Posts
From what I understand the complete rear diff in the bullitt is from the gt500 parts bin.

·
Administrator
6,521 Posts
nlustgarten said:
A dumb question. Does the bullitt have the torsen limited-slip differntial?
It does not - it has a "Traction-Loc" limited slip (Ford's design).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts