Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Car Whisperer
21,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the hood painted and my chin spoiler installed (just did the chin spoiler before the pics taken). He is going to paint the hood again with a different black as I am not happy with this color but at least you can an idea of how it will look. Also the new clear corner headlights installed.

·
Registered
9,082 Posts
I think it looks good. They did a good job.

·
Car Whisperer
21,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
looks like next Thursday, the hood goes back under the paint booth....getting the same black as on the Mach 1 rear deck spoiler that will be even more black and have a little more sheen to it...I hope. I think it will look better as the pics don't show the bluish hue that the clear on this black shows.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Frankenstang said:
looks like next Thursday, the hood goes back under the paint booth....getting the same black as on the Mach 1 rear deck spoiler that will be even more black and have a little more sheen to it...I hope. I think it will look better as the pics don't show the bluish hue that the clear on this black shows.
Looks great Tim! The pictures dont really show the hue you refer to but you definately should get it so you're happy with it. It really changes an already great looking car, love the Mach 1 setup even more with the paint.....JR :cool:

·
Car Whisperer
21,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanx everyone!!!! Will post after the new paint is on.

·
Car Whisperer
21,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
you mean the pony itself?

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Frankenstang said:
you mean the pony itself?
Yup. You can look at Graves car for an example. I believe he has his DHG. But with the matte color of the Mach delete kit and the hood paint, I think a matte pony would look great in there.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
4fit? said:
Yup. You can look at Graves car for an example. I believe he has his DHG. But with the matte color of the Mach delete kit and the hood paint, I think a matte pony would look great in there.
Y'know - I think I have to agree with you on that - might look Bichin'. That, OR a black to match the wheels.

If he did it, and DIDN'T like it - I'd even be willing to chip-in a few bucks to buy a replacement for him. I'm willing to commit to $10 - anybody else?

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
JC2954 said:
Y'know - I think I have to agree with you on that - might look Bichin'.

If he did it, and DIDN'T like it - I'd even be willing to chip-in a few bucks to buy a replacement for him. I'm willing to commit to $10 - anybody else?
Hell, if he didn't like it, I might would just switch mine out for his. :wink:

·
Car Whisperer
21,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
pulled up a picture of Graves car I had saved from the video I did. You might be right. I had been thinking about painting it DHG, but thought it would get lost in there since everything else is so dark. I'll have to give that some serious consideration. Graves' does look good, just don't know if it hides it too much.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Another thing that might be cool - but I'd have to see it before I gave "final answer" on it - would be to have the center blackout match the inside-edge of the grille-insert, and then have the outside black pinstripe run-around the edge of the opening and "meet" the one on the other side - leaving DHG for the "horizontal" part of the opening (on the bumper-cover). Or even a bit of the green on the front of the bumper fascia.

Can anybody imagine what I'm attempting to describe here?

·
Car Whisperer
21,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
not me, not sure what you mean

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.