Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I even called them and left a message on Winston Bennet's Machine!

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
The wheels are not Bullitt wheels either. Wrong color.

Here's an email I just sent to Winston Bennett (got his direct email from a sales pitch he sent me from the 1st email I sent):

Mr. Bennett,

I am not interested in the car. I am trying to inform you that you are falsely advertising a regular GT Mustang as a "Bullitt". That car you are advertising as a 2001 Mustang Bullit, IS NOT A BULLITT!
It is a regular GT that someone fooled you into buying (or trading it) as a Bullitt or you just chose to call it a Bullitt.

A REAL Bullitt has a FORD Hologram Sticker on the drivers side shock tower (inside the engine compartment) and another one under the back seat. It has a 5 digit serial number and is a limited edition vehicle. I personally own one. Mine is 03602 out of only a little over 5,000 made in only one year (2001). Also, for your info, there were only 1818 Black ones out of that entire 5000+! So, you see how limited the Black Mustang Bullitt is.

The one you are advertising has a spoiler (Bullitt has none), incorrect wheels, incorrect Pony/Corral on the front grill, GT on the rear, no Cobra Brakes with red calipers and there are many MANY other things that make a Bullitt a Bullitt.

Now why am I informing you of this? Because I am a member of the International Mustang Bullitt Owners Club and we watch for false advertising such as this and when we see it, we report it to the McQueen Foundation, MGM Movie Production Company and Ford Motor Company, who all hold rights and trademarks to the Bullitt name!

I strongly suggest to you to remove any mention of "Bullitt" from that ad before you get legal letters from the aformentioned companies.

Regards,
Alan

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Mr Bennett got another folow-up from me as well. I was only a little nicer. Just a little.

·
Premium Member
18,826 Posts
Sent message to Mr. Bennett...

Dear Mr. Bennett,

The Mustang currently advertised as a Bullitt is not a Bullitt. Stock No. 75063B
VIN 1FAFP42X11F175188.

Sincerely,

Collin Wayne (aka Cochese aka PY at www.imboc.com)
Original and current owner of Dark Highland Green Bullitt number 03875

Attachments

·
Car Whisperer
20,880 Posts
in the vin isn't the p42X a bullitt?

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
installermarc said:
I dare 'ya to say that three times real fast!
I couldn't say it once, slowly! :eek:

·
Car Whisperer
20,880 Posts
barry bullitt said:
No. Nothing in the vin designates it as a Bullitt. The Bullitt was a factory installed option package.
oh, OK I always thought it had to do with it. Thanx for the info guys.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Somewhere in the archives is a list of what each digit of the VIN designates. 1 is for U.S., F is for Ford, etc. I have the list if you can't find it. One digit is for the factory, one digit the engine, one digit the body style. The tenth digit is always the model year.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts