Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all:

Just took 4842 in for the first oil change this last Thursday. I was stoked for a few reasons a) the dealer has a great reputation (Jordan Ford in San Antonio), b) their service department is open late so I can go after work, and c) it was complimentary.

It wasn't until I was detailing the car this weekend that I noticed that the driver's rear wheel had 2 minor areas of curb scuff on them. This bothers me because the car is a garage queen, I'm the only one who drives it (in perfect weather only), and it gets detailed every weekend whether driven or not. I've run my hands over that wheel once a week since mid August and know it wasn't damaged last week.

So, I know that they did it but I find it frustrating because I know that a) I'll never get anywhere with them even if I brought it up, b) they have otherwise been an excellent dealer and just aren't the kind of place where this seems to happen much, c) how the heck would that happen in a simple oil change, and d) by the looks of it, the tech must have heard/seen something when he did it. The courtesy of owning up to it would have gone miles towards making me feel better.

Sorry for the rant, I just had to get that off my chest. Feel free to join in. Or let me know if you've got a stock wheel take-off you'd like to sell. Thanks.

·
Registered
87 Posts
That would annoy me to no end, I remember my last car, I scuffed the wheel on a curb, and no matter how small it was, my eyes were always drawn to it....
I feel your pain.
At least approach them about it, the worst thing they can do to you is deny knowledge, and maybe they will keep it in mind to be extra carefull next time :)

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
possibly hit the lift arm on the lift when putting car in position to lift

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Even great people make mistakes. Tell them, if they're really all that great, they'll have them fixed for you no charge.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
I think Jordon Ford prides itself on being the #1 Bullitt dealer in the country.

I recommend talking to the service manager and explaing it just as you did here.

You have nothing to lose by going to them. YAHNEVRNO.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Give them the chance to make it right Nick. Worst case is nothing happens which is where you're at right now.

I TOTALLY sympathize with you regarding flaws on the B. I am a complete freak regarding the condition of my car. The other daily drivers I own can get their scuffs and dents but the Mustang must be perfect.

·
Registered
969 Posts
believe it or not!

originally posted by NickChildress:

I'll never get anywhere with them even if I brought it up

nick,
hey friend, if you really believe this, then don't waste your time. if you can get past this and believe your dealership will stand by you, then you will get the service you deserve. a little faith goes a long way. good luck!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Nick, there are folks from that dealership that frequent this site. You should go and talk with the manager, since you have already informed them of the situation.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Very unsettling for us that Baby our Beauties. Even the best of the Service Depts have low paid employee's that do the Oil Change Services. I don't use the term Tech, because rarely a tech even gets involved with Oil Changes, unless just to oversee the employee working or if a problem is brought to one's attention. I do agree it was probably done during manuvering onto the lift. From everything I've read, They are a Top-Notch Dealership, especially for Service. I would bring it to their attention, though tactfully. If the rash marks are not to deep, they can be taken out. It's a bit of a process though. Best results are to remove the tire from the wheel, but not actually necessary if one is careful. Meaning you do it, not someone else. Put the Car on Jack Stands, Bolt up the wheel to one of the rear hubs, put her in gear. Wheels spins, you use a grinder/dremel lightly on the edge. Finsh with light grade sanding, wheel spinning. TA-DA. Done.

Good Luck....

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks, everyone. I know it's nothing compared to what some others have been put through at various dealers....smashed bumpers, improper diagnosis, incorrect maintenance performed....all in all I still consider myself lucky to be near a dealer with such a good reputation.

As a buddy of mine said a few years back when the dealer scuffed his Lexus wheel and played dumb, "hey buddy, I realize the car's going to get dings in it....but for 50 grand, I WANT TO BE THE ONE TO PUT THE SCRATCHES IN IT!

Thanks

·
Registered
410 Posts
HEY!!! It's NOT nothin'!! It's your Baby. Please don't just let this go, without follow-up. Go there, talk to the Service Manager. Show him it. Be tactful, polite, and whatever else it takes to maintain your cool while doing so. But bring it to their attention. They need to know.

Carry-On. (Oh, damn, now I'm saying it too)

·
Premium Member
6,283 Posts
HiGuys,
When I take my Bullitt to the dealer (rarely) I have ONE TECH who does the work. I make an appointment, wait for the car and stay as close to the car as allowed.

AND!... I give the tech $10 up to $40, depending on what has to be done, to take the time to be meticulous with my car. He can see that it is extremely clean for a seven-year-old car and the tech REALLY appreciates the extra bucks. My car definitely gets extra special care.

Everyone knows me there, even though I don't frequent the place. NO ONE else has ever tipped a tech.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Update: The Service Manager returned my call and is giving me the courtesy of an appointment this Friday to at least take a look at it. My expectations are low...he assures me there is no way they could have done it. Maybe at least he'll keep me in mind if they end up with a Bullitt take-off wheel from another customer. Thanks for the support from the fellow Bullittheads on this site.

·
Registered
136 Posts
i brought mine into the dealear at 2,800 Miles for oil and they told me that the air filter was dirty. unbelievable.

·
Registered
305 Posts
NickChildress said:
Update: The Service Manager returned my call and is giving me the courtesy of an appointment this Friday to at least take a look at it. My expectations are low...he assures me there is no way they could have done it. Maybe at least he'll keep me in mind if they end up with a Bullitt take-off wheel from another customer. Thanks for the support from the fellow Bullittheads on this site.
Just be polite. They can't and will not fix anything that they don't know about! If nothing else they will be VERY careful the next time. I would let your salesman, the service manager, and the general manager all know what happened. I think you'll be surprised with the outcome.

Big Ron

1 - 16 of 16 Posts