Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all:
A good friend from the "Land Down Under" tried to get this posted and did not have much luck so he asked if I would help so here is his what he wants 2019 Bullitt owners to be aware of: his 2019 Bullitt was in for its normally regularly scheduled maintenance and the service techs observed his Magnaride shocks were leaking rather bady. The shocks were replaced under warranty but the shocks had not many miles on them - less than 40,000 kilometers if I recall correctly (24K miles). So, the message to pass along is that we all should be aware that there is a potentail for the Magnaride shocks to fail prematurely and to be aware. Next time your Bullitt is in for maintenance or you have it on a lift, check the suspension pieces and make sure there are no leaks in your shocks.

Thanks for the patience and your attention. And thanks to Chris (Bultyboy) from bringing this to my attention.

·
Administrator
6,680 Posts
Thanks for posting. Hopefully your friend's experience is an outlier and not more common. Did he find out how much the price was for the shocks and replacement?

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is an excellent question and one of which I do not have an answer at the moment but I will reach out to him and see if the dealer had given him any idea of what the cost would have been had warranty not covered the replacement. Either he or I will be sure to post a reply as soon as possible.
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Tony (and others):
Chris from Australia replied and stated that the shocks are $1050 Australian which converts into about $703.50 US, plus labor. So for four shocks it would be $2820 US plus labor. Ouch!
Hope that helps and yes, I certainly hope that Chris issue with the shocks was a "one of " and not to be seen by others again!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts