Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a Bullitt and am concerned with protecting the front-end from stone chips e.t.c.

What do you think about a bra to protect the front-end?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks folks!

We just added a coupon to our online store which will discount anything you order by 10% automatically. If you do decide to order anything, enter "Bullitt" in the coupon code box of the order form.

Please feel free to call or email me if you have any questions or if I can help.

Thanks again!
Michael

·
Registered
543 Posts
How do I delete this. Sorry for the double post. Not sure how it happened.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TrueBlueBullitt on 2001-08-23 08:41 ]</font>

·
Registered
235 Posts
DON'T USE A CAR BRA!!! it will kill your paint job!!! no to mention it will discolor your hood.
--War_hawk

1,169 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-08-22 23:40, War_Hawk wrote:
DON'T USE A CAR BRA!!! it will kill your paint job!!! no to mention it will discolor your hood.
--War_hawk
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>
BOY DID YOU JUST THROW A MONKEY WRENCH AT US! :-B Let the games begin..... have fun all.....

·
Registered
543 Posts
I have to agree with War_Hawk. I saw that happen on my son's car. You can't leave a bra on full time. Just use it when driving on the interstate. Personally, I can't deal with taking it on and off all the time and after it rains. That's why I went with the StonGard product. Costs more in money but you save it in aggrevation.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
Let the games begin..... have fun all.....

If the car is going to be driven in the Paris/Dakar with all that dirt getting under the cover, then yep.... it'll eat up the paint.

But considering I drive my car everyday, about 100 miles round-trip at 70 to 80 mph, I'll use a bra.

I've never seen Stongard applied perfectly and any little wrinkles will be magnified on a black car.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JayP on 2001-08-23 10:39 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
for highway travel, it can't be beat. lot's of rocks on the hwy. even some of those bleepin' bugs can chip the paint.
i'm not sure i would leave it on ALL the time though

·
Registered
28 Posts
What about the bra from Ford? Who makes that one? I also would like a car cover, any good ideas?
DHG #4158

·
Registered
3 Posts
A bra will only cause paint damage if you don't remove it if it gets wet or if it's put it on a dirty car. If there's paint damage, it wasn't used correctly. Colgan has been making (the best) bras on the market since 1961!! We've used and sold Colgan bras since the 80's. If having to take the bra off if it gets wet is too much, use the clear vinyl. My question is what do you do when it gets chipped? Do you replace that section again and again?$$

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
i know 1Nasty has a Colgan and he absolutely LOVES it!!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have to agree that using a bra works if not leaving it on all the time. Any one who lives in Florida or has visited during love bug season I think would have to agree that a bra is a must!!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: et1boke on 2001-08-23 16:29 ]</font>

·
Registered
543 Posts
On 2001-08-23 13:12, [email protected] wrote:
My question is what do you do when it gets chipped? Do you replace that section again and again?$$

Michael, StonGard has a warranty. In the unlikely event the paint gets chipped they will repair the damage up to $1000 and replace the damaged StonGard. Check this out...

http://www.bullittclub.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?topic=1445&forum=1&4

·
Registered
3 Posts
John- That's a good deal. I wasn't knocking the Stone Guard at all. I like the idea, especially the headlight covers. I've just never looked at their website to find out. My point was when someone says a bra will damage the paint, it should be followed by "when you don't use it correctly".

1 - 16 of 16 Posts