Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ford lists two different fender liners (front part)

5R3Z-16102-AA for V6, Bullitt and Shelby

5R3Z-16102-BA for GT

I would have guessed, that the Bullitt takes the GT type fender liner.

Any ideas what the difference is?

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
Just a WAG but the GT may have an extra opening or mounting point for the fog lights.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Correct, but the wiring is there for the foglights, all you need are the housings, retainers and screws, plus the cockpit switch. I know this because I installed smoked ones on my 01 Bullitt.

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
The right front inner fender liners were missing on my 08 and the invoice for the repair lists the 5R3Z-16102-BA part number.

The GT and Bullitt have the same front bumper cover. I've seen the -AA part listed for Base (V6), Shelby GT (C/S) and Shelby GT500 which use different bumper covers. I have noticed that if I select Bullitt for the model on a Ford parts lookup I'll sometimes get GT500 parts.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The right front inner fender liners were missing on my 08 and the invoice for the repair lists the 5R3Z-16102-BA part number.

The GT and Bullitt have the same front bumper cover. I've seen the -AA part listed for Base (V6), Shelby GT (C/S) and Shelby GT500 which use different bumper covers. I have noticed that if I select Bullitt for the model on a Ford parts lookup I'll sometimes get GT500 parts.

Yes, that ist my exact problem - that is why i was asking what the exact difference is between the two.

The Ford Parts Catalog lists the -AA (V6 & Shelby) as the correct liner, whilst logic would say that the GT -BA is the correct part, since Bullitt & GT share the same bumper.

Any add. infos appreciated ...

Beeing in Germany the return of wrong parts is a real hassle, and expensive too.

Mike

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Sorry but I don't know what the difference is between the two parts. Have you tried a parts search using your VIN? With my Bullitt VIN I get the -BA part number and with my GT500 VIN I get -AA.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts