Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was able to finish my shock/ strut install yesterday. Had done the rears no sweat started the fronts looked and decided that it was beyond my skills. After calling a local brake/shock [have given this shop lots of work in the past] shop for a quote on install only and being told $400 ,I decided they were not beyond my skills at all.Turned out they were very simple to install.Only tool I did'nt have was a spring compressor $40 bucks at sears.They feel great the car rides like its on rails very little if any lean or sway, still messing with the settings. Very ,very happy with this mod. Better yet very happy with the $400 I saved by doing work myself.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Way to go, Rick! :cool:

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
first ford said:
Was able to finish my shock/ strut install yesterday. Had done the rears no sweat started the fronts looked and decided that it was beyond my skills. After calling a local brake/shock [have given this shop lots of work in the past] shop for a quote on install only and being told $400 ,I decided they were not beyond my skills at all.Turned out they were very simple to install.Only tool I did'nt have was a spring compressor $40 bucks at sears.They feel great the car rides like its on rails very little if any lean or sway, still messing with the settings. Very ,very happy with this mod. Better yet very happy with the $400 I saved by doing work myself.
Rick,

Savings was Great & the New Improved Ride not bad either :smile:

tigerhonaker

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bill , Job is really pretty easy. The mechanic just got me mad enough to do it myself. If he had said $200 I would have jumped at it but his quote got my Irish up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts