Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are they solid or are they open in the middle? I am thinking about having mine cut and molded then reapainted to look similar to the 03/04 Cobra's, but without having to buy new side skirts, then paint and it costing alot.

Thanks in advance
-Jason

·
Registered
250 Posts
Well, as I just had a piece of debris fly up on the freeway and hit the drivers side one, I can tell you they are hollow. Although odd, the back portion of mine broke off, leaving the front portion that faces the tire intact. I'm going to try a repair and see if I can't fix it. Otherwise the cheapest I've found them is 108.00, without shipping...although I don't know if they have them in stock. I call a local dealer and he wants 198 just for one side, mudflap only !!

Hope this helps

Troy

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
If you like the Cobra rockers just buy that and put them on. You go cutting up what you have you may wish you hadn't. Then you still get to buy the Cobra rockers anyway. If you remove what you have, you'll still have the originals to go on just in case. Or if you choose to sell your car it maybe a deal breaker if you don't have them. Just my $.02.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I agree, by cutting the flap off, you are asking for lots of time reconstructing the piece to eliminate the flap. Eg bondo, fiberglass, and lots of sanding/crafting. I wouldn't do this unless I was prepared to spend some money on it. Even then you are going to pay more to redo the rocker as opposed to just buying the cobra rockers and installing them. Just my .02

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can you buy just the cobra rockers for the front and do they match the rest of the side skirts?

-Jason

·
Registered
250 Posts
Although they attach the same way, you can not use the Cobra front part with the Bullitt rear, they are two different shapes and will not work together. Its either the Bullitt mud flaps and rocker moldings, or the entire Cobra rocker panel.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
DavidMidgley said:
If you like the Cobra rockers just buy that and put them on. You go cutting up what you have you may wish you hadn't. Then you still get to buy the Cobra rockers anyway. If you remove what you have, you'll still have the originals to go on just in case. Or if you choose to sell your car it maybe a deal breaker if you don't have them. Just my $.02.
+1 what Dave said ... (as usual) ... :smile:

You might also want to contact Italian on here. I understand he bought a set of the 03/04 Cobra rocker panels from FORD. He seems to swear by them.

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
TXBLUOVAL said:
+1 what Dave said ... (as usual) ... :smile:

You might also want to contact Italian on here. I understand he bought a set of the 03/04 Cobra rocker panels from FORD. He seems to swear by them.
Thanks, but I only read all the postings, and regurgitate later what I have learned/remember. :shock: :wink:

And the shapes are different. The mudflap is a Bullitt thing, so unless your moving to the Cobra fascia, hood et al...Well I'd do it if I wanted to be rid of the mudflap in any case. You could maybe cheap out and do the paint yourself with rattlecansthen install. As it's down low and not so noticable if the paint thickness isn't as critical. I would, if I could figure out how to release the old rocker covers that is!:lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts