Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could someone direct me to a quality front plate bracket?
I live in Illinois and it is required to have the front plate displayed and I'm not wild about the thought of drilling holes in my front bumper.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I don't know off hand on how to track it down but there actually is a front bracket that flips down under the bumper making it possible for you to hide the plate. I believe that you don't have to drill holes in you bumper. It is even possible to have a remote to flip it up and down but it will cost you about $80.00 more. You can no doubt track it down on the internet.

This is listed in the FAQ section? How did you do that?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, I've loved the P51 Mustangs since I was a kid, the roofline of a "fastback" Mustang has that same beautiful "flow" as the P51 IMO.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@ SF BULLITT
Have you tested this at...hmmm...how can I put this, highway speeds?
If this bracket will "hang on" during low altitude flights then this could be just the item I'm looking for.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
No Holes!!

Don't forget about Ben's "no drill" front plate holder.

Pics: http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=436398

You'll have to go to the recent posts for current info.

Quality aluminum pieces hand made. They clamp on the lower fascia and also hold the lower grill insert in place (which some have had pop out on a bump).

Had mine for a year - completely stationary. In and out of my place is a mile of bumpy gravel road, I drive bumpy two lane twisty's with fervor, and have been at or near take off speed. :wink: NO HOLES!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Roland said:
@ SF BULLITT
Have you tested this at...hmmm...how can I put this, highway speeds?
If this bracket will "hang on" during low altitude flights then this could be just the item I'm looking for.
Give me till the end of this weekend, as I have yet to put it on... I don't intend to keep it on for the duration, only to please a "fix it" ticket I received from a CHP officer while I was driving through San Luis Obispo (no professional courtesy). It appears pretty sturdy but I'll test it out.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Charliehorse for the link, I'm going to wait for Jason to "test" his Craig's Custom out first before I make a decision between these two.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Ben's "no drill" bracket is a simple, high-quality piece of hardware that works. Mine has been installed for a year and over 4k miles and it has not loosened up one bit. Those miles include a round trip down to Tucson, AZ that featured a great deal of high speed desert driving with no plate problems at all.

·
Premium Member
2,298 Posts
We have Craig's on our 08 and 01 Bullitt's and they work great. He's a member of our local Mustang club.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Roland, sorry I took so long to get back to you on this! The test worked out well! I was hitting a top speed of about 135 MPH and averaging about 100-115 MPH on open stretches of 101 past Salinas en route to Paso Robles on a late Wednesday night. The bracket and plate held on just fine.

EDIT: This was a computer generated simulation, of course. and no traffic laws were in any way shape or form, broken. But the bracket held on just the same...

·
Registered
272 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Craigs Have On For Over A Year Great Product Well Made. Very Happy With It.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I too purchased the Craig's, couldn't be happier and like I said in a different post, I believe the way the front hood on my Bullitt is flapping around at "highway" speeds, it will fly off long before my Craig's bracket : )

1 - 18 of 18 Posts