Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what size are our front and rear brake rotors ? Am wondering if buying a 17" doughnut type spare would be a good idea i know i would'nt be able to drive it very fast or long but I would guess I could drive it long enough to get home or repair shop in emergency.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had a 06 GT that came with 18" wheels and the exact tire that's on the Bullitt, 235.50.18 BFG GFORCE. My spare was the (doughnut) T185 X 60 X 17. I decided that spare would now be the spare for the Bullitt.
I also picked up a jack & wrench set and a T155 X 70 X 17 Mustang GT spare at a local junk yard for the replacement spare set for the 06 (only set I could find). I was curious if the T155 X 70 X 17 wheel would clear the calipers on the front, so I tried it on the 06, and it did. The wheel turned without making contact. The T185 X 60 X 17 wasn't a problem either.

So I would say either the OEM Ford spare(s) T185 X 60 X 17 or the T155 X 70 X 17 would work on the front or back to clear the calipers and rotors.

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you very much for the help just can't get past driving without a spare kind of a Murphys law thing i guess.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
first ford said:
Thank you very much for the help just can't get past driving without a spare kind of a Murphys law thing i guess.
If you use the spare, avoid putting on the rear of the car. While it has been stated that this can damage the LSD (The Jury appears to still be out on this count), it will really play with the handling badly.

I would suggest that if you get a flat on the back, put the spare on the front and then put the good tire from the front end on the back...

·
Registered
495 Posts
There is no doubt you will wear out the friction material in the rear axle if you drive for extended periods with two different sized tires back there. What is debatable is how long you have to do it before you destroy it. Me, I'd limit it to a mile or two.

With a Torsen limited slip differential you could drive forever without wearing out the friction material, because there isn't any.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts