Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate ford leather anyway but my driver seat is showing ware after only 6,500 mi
If it where just a GT I would get some Flo-Fits like I had in my Cobra they where the best

But Im thinking of ordering some factory covers for later down the road anyone else thought of this

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
My seat's starting to show wear too. And at about the same mileage. Are new skins available from Ford for these seats? Or are we gonna start seeing them on E-Bay, like every other Bullitt part?

·
Registered
444 Posts
Mine are getting bad too!. I hate the cheap leather Ford uses. I hope that I can replace the covers or the entire seat sometime down the line. It hurts to look at them. :sad:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Tried some McGuires leather stuff this weekend and noticed the stitching is starting to pull apart on the drivers seat. Only 8000 miles. I'll take a pic tonight.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Yea, mine are starting to look worn-in also. The passenger seat looks pristine so I know it's my BIG butt that is causing this. Is this just a case of how leather wears?

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
The driver's seat on my car has the stretch marks...I personally like the looks of the worn in leather. It also gets softer. All leather seats will start to show stretch marks...Ferrari's beautiful leather even will start to show stretch marks approaching 10K miles. Can't get away from it. However, I don't think stitching coming apart fits in that category.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I treated my seats with a leather conditioner (Racer's Edge) the first day, and every time I wash it. They are beginning to take on that smooth, rubbed look I like. My 97 Cobra had the tan interior, and at 10,000 miles the seats looked like saddle leather. The surface was very smooth and soft to the touch, and with enough flex that tearing/cracking was not an issue. It only takes a minute to rub it in and wipe off the excess, and the payoff is worth it. Ford's leather is as good as anyone elses, you just have to take care of it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Our seats are showing a slight wear only on the drivers side. In addition, the leather wrapped stearing wheel is showing a little wear on the top left side where our hands tend to sit on the wheel a little more. Our Bullitt only has 1,100 miles on it!!!

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
What bothers me is the fact that the drivers seat looks so much more worn than the passenger. The leather is breaking in and stretching but no cracking. If you get a scratch through to the grain you might try a little black shoe polish to fill it and then buff it with a brush or shoe cloth like you would on your fine leather shoes. I got a small scratch from the buttons on my pants and I fixed it that way.

I think Ford quality leather is not as good as some such as Mercedes. I had a C Class with real leather and it is much more tough and did not show nearly as much wear at 10,000 miles.

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,254 Posts
that is why we went ahead and put gray sheepskin seat covers on #344 after only 1,000--so they wouldn't get worn. We take them off, tho, for shows.

Vicki

·
Registered
724 Posts
Hey Tkatz - I bet that C-class wasn't as cheap as the Bullitt! Let's be real folks that's comparing apples to oranges - I consider a Mercedes a luxury car - I know alot of them are super performers, but you pay for that as well.

·
Registered
597 Posts
If the stitching is coming loose it will be covered under warranty until 3/36, the covers are available and luckily they are all the same color. No color mix ups while being boxed. Normal wear on any item is not covered under the factory warranty but enough complaining about certain things will be repaired at your selling dealer under warranty, whether it is covered or not. Just speaking from experience, have worked at a Ford dealership for 11 years.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-12-04 15:52, JohnHenry wrote:
Tried some McGuires leather stuff this weekend and noticed the stitching is starting to pull apart on the drivers seat. Only 8000 miles. I'll take a pic tonight.

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

JohnHenry, if I were you, I'd be making this little tidbit known to the service manager. As far as seats go, anything after 12 months/12,000 miles is considered by Ford as normal??? wear and tear.

Basically, what I'm saying is if you wait longer, they'll just tell you to get screwed.

I found this out when the seat cushion part of my '97's driver's seat started separating at 20,000 miles. Even the Ford rep told me to pound sand. :evil:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 1NastyFordGT on 2001-12-06 02:58 ]</font>

·
Registered
172 Posts
Mink oil works great also_Old Triggers seats look great at 2500 miles.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts