Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone noticed that the seats aren't wearing too well. mine is two weeks old and i am showing creases in the leather on the side bolsters of the drivers seat?

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
this is my 3rd vehicle with leather and creases are normal and they begin very soon after driving the vehicle. just treat your leather with a good leather conditioner once every month or 2!

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-08-20 15:21, mystang99 wrote:
this is my 3rd vehicle with leather and creases are normal and they begin very soon after driving the vehicle. just treat your leather with a good leather conditioner once every month or 2!

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Exactly!

·
Registered
257 Posts
This is my first leather interior. What do you consider a good leather conditioner?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Just for the record, the sides of the seats are vinyl and the part where your butt and back rest (the stripes) are leather.

·
Registered
121 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-08-20 23:05, Bullitt1164 wrote:
Just for the record, the sides of the seats are vinyl and the part where your butt and back rest (the stripes) are leather.

My butt actually rests on the vinyl and leather. (It's Big!)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Its the first time I've had a car with a (partly) leather interior, too... I'd like some suggestions on a good leather conditioner as well!

Thanks,
Scott

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bullitt1823 on 2001-08-21 01:43 ]</font>

·
Registered
1,691 Posts

I thought it was the other way around. According to the interior description, we have "Leather trimmed seats". Isn't the "striped" section the vinyl?

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
On 2001-08-21 08:03, Y2K16T8 wrote:

I thought it was the other way around. According to the interior description, we have "Leather trimmed seats". Isn't the "striped" section the vinyl?

You are correct. The seats are trimmed with leather...The "striped" bottom and back sections are vinyl.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I've been using the Zaino Brothers leather conditioner and like it so far. It smells like new leather and it doesn't have a geasy feeling.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
believe it or not, i'm using an Armor All leather treatment. it seems to work well so far. there's also a Lexol(SP?) product!

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
I bought the Zaino Brothers leather conditioner a while back when I bough some of their polish. It works good and makes the car smell brand new.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
jim, only the parts that your back and butt rest on are leather. all other parts of the seats are vinyl. that's why you see the cracks & creases where your butt goes. that's what leather does when it "wears"

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
On 2001-08-21 14:11, mystang99 wrote:
jim, only the parts that your back and butt rest on are leather. all other parts of the seats are vinyl. that's why you see the cracks & creases where your butt goes. that's what leather does when it "wears"

You're kidding .... I thought it was the other way around. What ever..they're the most comfortable seats I've ever sat in.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
they are the seats out of the Cobra, upholstered to look like the old "rolled leather" look found in the old Mustangs.
yes, some of the very best i've sat in except for racing seats!
no,i've never raced...just sat in some!!!!

·
Premium Member
502 Posts
The side bolsters and side trim all the way around the seat and back are leather, that is why they are showing wrinkles. The seat and back inserts with the pleats and perforations are vinyl.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
On 2001-08-21 17:39, SteveBullitt wrote:
The side bolsters and side trim all the way around the seat and back are leather, that is why they are showing wrinkles. The seat and back inserts with the pleats and perforations are vinyl.

OK that's what I thought.....

·
Registered
93 Posts
No matter what you use to keep the leather clean or soft the area where of bolster will wear out. Here is the cure get a black duct tape and cut 6 in. of it and apply it right along the stiched area where it is wearing out, I know its not going to look good but its better than having the seat wearing out. I will take a picture of how I did it and post it on this site later.

·
Registered
93 Posts
On my last entry I suggested to put a duct tape along the seam, will don't do it cause when inside of the vehicle get hot the tape adhesive will get tacky and may get on your clothe, only way to keep the wear from happening is to put a seat cover but then that will be terrible looking seat.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts