Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Bullittheads, when replacing your front springs, is it desirable or necessary to replace/reuse the rubber sleeve on the bottom spring coil? Has anyone left it out without any problems, or does it need to be in there? Increased noise without it?

I just want to get all the info I can, before I do my springs...

Thanks!

:dhg08:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sorry, I haven't changed springs yet, but I would love to see a pic of the drop and how low (1inch, more or less) the springs said they would lower the vehicle. If you could message me or post the pic, that would be awesome. Thanks.

·
Registered
144 Posts
My Eibachs from Sam Strano came with a new sleeve. The front dropped almost 2" & the back 1.5".

·
Banned
1,313 Posts
oldlugs said:
Hey Bullittheads, when replacing your front springs, is it desirable or necessary to replace/reuse the rubber sleeve on the bottom spring coil? Has anyone left it out without any problems, or does it need to be in there? Increased noise without it?

I just want to get all the info I can, before I do my springs...

Thanks!

:dhg08:
Most springs should come with the sleeve. If you don't use one they may make noises. My Steeda Ultralites came with the sleeves.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
It doesnt need to be there but it will make noise if its not. I have done this on my 88 mustang. This will also lower the car alittle bit more too. The noise I had on my 88 wasnt that bad I could live with it.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
daytonadave- I can't see your picture? Can you make it public?

·
Registered
144 Posts
jymontoya said:
daytonadave- I can't see your picture? Can you make it public?
Thanks for the heads up, I didn't realize they were private. 0457 is pretty dirty in these, but you can see how she looks lowered with wheelspacers (5/8" ft & 1" rear)

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Very Nice. Whats your suspension setup?!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts