Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got around to putting up pictures of the front suspension pieces I installed on #66. This includes Maximum Motorsports caster/camber plates, brake duct hosing, offset rack bushings and front sway bar urethane bushings. Also there is a picture of my oil filter safety wired. I have had filter come loose before, not a good thing.. :smile:

The other group of pics is a couple of night time shots I was playing with.

Misc pics
http://community.webshots.com/album/22621893UOimPcHFFu

Front Suspension Upgrades
http://community.webshots.com/album/23893579cWtTsFrKmq

Brian

·
Registered
292 Posts
Can you elaborate a bit on the steering rack offset bushings? I presume these are stiffer and I would guess that "offset" refers to some bump steer correction?

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Vroooom.. you are correct on both counts. They are solid aluminum which improves feel and the offset hole location helps correct bump steer.

Brian

·
Registered
292 Posts
So the steering rack is relocated. As I continue guessing what is going on without getting under the car and actually looking at the darn thing... I would guess that the rack has been moved up to better match the lowered stance of the Bullitt? Probably puts the tie rods straight on with the rack when viewed from the front. Right?

·
Registered
292 Posts
BTW FordBullitt... yours are probably the modifications I watch most closely seeing as how you actually want the car to, like, turn!

There is an IRS setup out of a 2001 Cobra out on E-Bay at the moment that is very tempting. If only I could talk the wife into another couple grand for better parts for a perfectly good car... Lord only knows what kind of concessions I would have to make to pull that off!

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Vrooom.. yeah, the cost of that IRS may be too costly.. :smile:

As you surmised, the bushings move up the position of the rack and thus the angle of the tie rods. Actually, as the Bullitt stands now, it's a bit too much but I plan next to add coil overs and lower the car another inch which will bring it in nicely.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts