Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard of any improved cams out from Ford Racing Parts,for FRP heads and intake package? I read a while back they were working on these. They were supposed to have one to match the SVO intake and head combo.Might work good in the Bullitt!

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
I don't know about FRPP has any ready, but I know another company is working on new billet cams rather than regrinds. Expect them to be in the $700 range though. I'll let you know who it is later.

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Damn,that is the same cost as a full race roller setup for a Windsor,or anything else! To many $$$ for what the mod is worth. Oh well the Ford parts may be cheaper in the future.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Give saleen or steeda a call. I know that saleen has their own cams for their cars and they work off of the 4.6 2V. If not sean hyland morotsport (.com) will have one. good investment with a blower but unless you plan on getting one or having your heads ported don't waste your money. With a blower a higher lift cam will help a little.

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
I am new to the cam world, so answer me this, what kind of horsepower gains are we talking about?

What is really wrong with a regrind?

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hold on a minute! When you regrind a cam,you remove a certain amount of material from the cam lobe base circle,as you are reshaping the lobe itself. This reduced base circle,gives you the additional lift. Now you can only go so far with this,and in some cases the material can loose some hardness,plus you have to figure in some kind of lash cap,to make up the material you grind off of the base circle,to keep the valve train correct. I figure about10-20 HP maybe with a larger cam setup,but it would most likely add the power higher in the RPM range,at the cost of some torque down low. Still a pricey$$$ mod for what you gain. Nothing is cheap with these mod motors,and that is the only problem I have with them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts