Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed this unit and what are your thoughts? I've had a few folks tell me to step up the 500HP kit but I don't want to go that far. Any pitfalls with the non intercooled version?

·
Registered
123 Posts
I'll let you know soon. The dealer is installing it this week.:construc:

·
Registered
193 Posts
Flywheel

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
So that should be over 350 to the wheels.

Sweet! That would seem to be the perfect amount for me as well.

I can't wait to see the finished product.

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
My son just had an 07 GT at his shop on the dyno tuning it.
It has the 400hp whipple kit, The car is an automatic and was putting down 355 at the wheels. Not to shabby!

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
I'm putting 400HP to the wheels with the little M90 Roushcharger. I wouldn't go any less than that... I still want more. Still very streetable. That is also on the stock fuel pump. The shop estimates me around 460 at the crank. I don'y know how much the supercharger is that you're looking at; but I would consider a Roush or Saleen. (Plus, I still retain my full factory warranty.) I just enjoy the extra power.

My dyno link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIdlvanHi2M

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
For 5k you can get a kit that makes way more power. I didn't know that's how much those cost. If that's the case, you might as well spring for the Roush or Saleen supercharger. They will both net you a bunch more power while retaining warranties.

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
Ackman70 said:
Has anyone installed this unit and what are your thoughts? I've had a few folks tell me to step up the 500HP kit but I don't want to go that far. Any pitfalls with the non intercooled version?
Ackman70<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_1943314", true); </SCRIPT>
<! FIRST NAME START>aka "Joe"

Good Luck on your decision as there are a Great many Blowers on the market these days.

There really Honestly is No-Bad choice just have to pick one and go with it.

They all add H/P & Torque over the Stock and some do carry a Limited Warranty.

Read this Thread on (The Right Supercharger) Article:

http://www.imboc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=166809

tigerhonaker

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
FOX1 what kind of boost you running?
David ,what mods do you have for that rear wheel hp?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Ackman70 said:
Any pitfalls with the non intercooled version?
If you're already spending that kind of money you might as well get the intercooler.

Assuming the kit already supplies injectors (99% sure) I'd also at least, get a KB boost-a-pump $249 if you can't afford the twin GT500 pumps ~ $700. With a good tune you can get away with over 400rwhp with the stock pump but that's playing Russian Roulette and not worth the risk IMO.

A good tune, fuel set up and an efficient intercooler goes a long way for reliability. If you do all three you can safely make 450rwhp on a stock bottom end. I've seen guys make 525rwhp on daily drivers but they're really pushing the envelope and some have only lasted about two years before throwing a rod.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Thanks. for the info Fox and David. David keep the club active if all is right for me in about 8 to 10 years I am planning on heading to your neck of the woods.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
That 400 to the wheels the dyno shop extimated me at 460 at the crank. But you know how that goes. It was on a Mustang Dyno. I'm still on the factory fuel pump. I plan on upgrading to the GT500 twin pumps; I should be able to tweak out some more power once I do that.

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
For me 400 to the wheels is more than enough for a street sweeper.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Well, 400 to the wheels is more than enough to easily spank
the new Challenger SRT's!! Put almost 2 lengths on them...

1 - 20 of 126 Posts