Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a month of ownership and 2K miles, I need my fix on exhaust sound. The GTB's aren't cuttin it for me so I've decided to go with the FRPP/Borla axlebacks. They're basicly the same exhaust, but are there any advantages with one or the other?

Thanks,

Nick.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I have the FRPP Stingers...and they sound just perfect...dont know if you get some Hp gain...but just for the sound is well spend money...check my youtube video, there is also background music but you can hear what it should be...

·
Registered
154 Posts
Youtube link is wrong says Wrong URL tried it 3 times I dont know...

I love the Sound of the FRPP/ but I am very partial to Borla Products there Quality is un beatable.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
The FRPP are Borlas. The only difference is one says Ford Racing, one says Borla, oh and the Roush "off-road" mufflers are Borla also, they say "Roush"

So take your pick... depends whose name you want to pay for. :D

·
Registered
349 Posts
sorry for the video, now it should work...
and yes 3EDSTANG is right, mine says Ford Racing on the pipes...but are made by borla

·
Registered
104 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
3RDSTANG said:
The FRPP are Borlas. The only difference is one says Ford Racing, one says Borla, oh and the Roush "off-road" mufflers are Borla also, they say "Roush"

So take your pick... depends whose name you want to pay for. :D
Aside from the logo and price difference, I also believe the Borla's have a 4" diameter tip vs a 3.5" tip on the FRPP's.

·
Premium Member
4,220 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
The mufflers I'm looking at are the GT500KR pieces. They have the round body like the FRPP 5GT's and Borlas,but use the same exhaust tip as our stock Bullitt mufflers.We've got a KR at the dealership I work at and it sounds sweet. Buyfordracing shows them coming @ $499.

Mike..... :dhg08:

·
Registered
825 Posts
Just Another "Sound" Opinion

At 55 I was there at the height of the late sixties musclecar era, had a '69 Roadrunner myself (with a set of glasspacks). My memory can still recall that symphony those pipes made and my hearing still works pretty good too (even if other things are starting to crap out!) lol. With the Bullitt's modified "H" pipe the strong purr of a healthy V-8 really comes thru like I remember when I installed the Pypes Violators in my driveway about six months ago. When you go WOT they really roar like the cars of old. Very little drone as well. And at less than half the price of the competition you cannot beat 'em, IMO. I bought mine here. Free same day shipping too!http://www.americanmuscle.com/pypes-2005-gt-violator.html
Hear them in the YouTube link by my sig. Take it from an old car guy and get the Violators...you won't be sorry. :dhg08:

BTW Chris that is one of the coolest Bullitt video's made by one of us yet!
Good job brother, The Wheelman! (The Stingers sound great too btw)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJngtWwYxzs

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.