Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First the suspension. What a terrific combination. The overall drop is about 1.5 in the front and about 3/4 on the rear. The front sway bar is adjustable to 3 positions and I set mine to the middle firmness. No camber bolts were needed. The final alignment numbers without the kit are within spec at -1 degree each side, perfect! I could use bolts and get to the max -1.5 degrees but don't want the additional tire wear. I called FRPP and they told be no bolts would be needed. They also said that the rear drop would not enough to warrant an adjustable panhard bar - wrong. With only 3/4 of a drop the rear axle shifted over about 1/4 inch. Probably not enough to cause handling issues but enough that since I know about it and I can see it...it will have to be corrected. Adjustable panhard bar is on order...The quality of this kit is second to none - install was a snap - I really want to add the SVT LCAs now, the factory stamped ones look whimpy compared to the new sway bar and CNC links that are now in place. The ride quality is superb. The combination allows for a very comfortable ride but zero - and I mean zero - body roll with agressively cornering. The only thing holding this car back from AutoX right now is the tires. If you are not a career autocrosser you would never need anything more. I can't wait for a track day at miller motor sports park to make a few runs. I could not be happier with this product, worth every penny.

GTA muffler install. Similar comments as above. High quality product - simple install. The exhaust note is deeper and throatier at idle, High RPM sounds similar to the Bullitt Mufflers. The 4 ich tips fill the bumper perfectly and they were simple to mount and get centered, required loosening the connection at the H pipe to get the right side perfect but the left was plug and play so to speak. The note is satisfying to me and I will not be changing the H pipe like I previously feared.

SCT Bamachips - per Doug shipped yesterday - no report for this Mod yet but will give my feelings as soon as it get here.

Next up CDC classic billet grills (black), my anniversay present from the wife :). Cams and a custom dyno tune within a couple weeks and in the not so distant future a charger...

Until next time - Happy modding

Reactions: Wheelman

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
PICTURES PLEASE!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is the kit that is on the Shelby - minus the strut tower brace, I obviously kept the Bullitt brace. Lists from FRPP for 1335.00. With dealer discount and no bar I paid 925.00, labor would be about 4.5 hours plus an alignment. I will snap some pics tonight and post em'. Can't wait to drive her home tonight!

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts
If I didn't get the B I was going to have the FRRP handling pack, power pack, and X-pipe installed in my automatic 07 GT. If I had a black B I would mod it like that because it is OK to go crazy modding a black B, even stripe it. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BB2008 said:
If I didn't get the B I was going to have the FRRP handling pack, power pack, and X-pipe installed in my automatic 07 GT. If I had a black B I would mod it like that because it is OK to go crazy modding a black B, even stripe it. :rolleyes:
I guess to each his own, right. I will enjoy this car ten times more after I am done making it the hot rod I want. And I will probably commit the greatest blasphamy by removing the strut tower brace to bolt on the whipple, for some reason the Saleen and the Magna that fit under don't give me the nostalgic look the whipple will. Guess I will have to buy a k brace to stiffen the car from the bottom rather that the strut tower. Maybe I can mount the bar somewhere in the trunk.:smile: Since a black bullit is not even really a bullit anyway might as well have fun!

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts
texasbullitt said:
I have brand new shelby gt silver stripes if anyone is interested
If I still had my Redfire GT, I would have bought them from you. They would have gone well with my polished aluminum rims and light graphite interior. Painted stripes would be better, but they are expensive. If I had a black B, I think that stripes painted to match the rims would look sweet.

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts
AwsmBullitt said:
I guess to each his own, right. I will enjoy this car ten times more after I am done making it the hot rod I want. And I will probably commit the greatest blasphamy by removing the strut tower brace to bolt on the whipple, for some reason the Saleen and the Magna that fit under don't give me the nostalgic look the whipple will. Guess I will have to buy a k brace to stiffen the car from the bottom rather that the strut tower. Maybe I can mount the bar somewhere in the trunk.:smile: Since a black bullit is not even really a bullit anyway might as well have fun!
That's right- it's your car, so do whatever makes you happy and fornicate what everyone else thinks! :bigguns:

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
AwsmBullitt said:
... removing the strut tower brace to bolt on the whipple, for some reason the Saleen and the Magna that fit under don't give me the nostalgic look the whipple will. Guess I will have to buy a k brace to stiffen the car from the bottom rather that the strut tower.
Could you cut the center section of the brace out, weld in a piece of flat steel in such a way that would give you clearance underneath it? You could tack your VN plate to the top of the flat steel, paint 'er up, and have the best of both worlds. A good welder can do wonders.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Watts link is for the rear end only, would replace the panhard bar and such, the FRPP kit is a front and rear suspension kit with dampners, springs, bushings, sway bars etc. And the B does have an undercarriage brace, same as the GT but it is not all that wonderful, you can buy better front lower bracing that will keep the front of the car as stiff as a strut tower brace. I am looking into options for the strut tower brace and a whipple charger, I may be able to drop the motor and trans with mounts and get about 3/4 of an inch more clearance but whipples says you need about an additional 2 inches to make it fit, so either something custom or the bar is just going to have to go. Either that or the rotrex forced air performance kit is the other option hmmmmmm. For whatever reason though the centrifugal seems to ricey to me and this car is my modern day tribute to old american muscle.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Awesome Write-Up

Thanks Adam for the great write up on your latest set of mods. Sounds really worthwhile. Can't wait to hear your report on the SCT tune from Bamachips. The tune Ford gave us seems pretty good but I won't be opposed to swapping it out for a significant gain in overall performance. Thanks again for your time and effort.
Mike:clap2:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Oh they build a ton of power and the torque curve on the rotrex is second to none, its just that an intake blower looks so much better, more like a muscle car in my opinion, but hell yeah vortech makes some bad ass power!

·
Registered
419 Posts
Adam...any pics yet?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Pics are on the laptop, I will post some up tonight...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.