Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so it isn't really that functional and it isn't really a kit, but it is for sale. I replaced my hood with a cobra hood and don't need the hood scoop anymore. The hood scoop (black) has been reenforced with fiberglass on the inside and has the front attachment of the honeycomb cut off. If you cut a hole in your hood (in know it sounds scary, but it is actually really easy) this hood scoop allows fresh air to blow over our metal intakes and allows hot air to escape when the car is sitting still. Also included is a metal "frame" and grill to fit over the hole cut in the hood to hide the edges. Everything worked really well for me and my car is a daily driver.

Everything looks pretty good (the frame could use a new coat of paint), but is in no way professionally done so some tweaking may be in order. If anyone is interested I can post pictures. The frame and mesh grill was given to me so I don't want to charge for those items but will give them to you along with the hood scoop. If interested let me know. I haven't really thought about a price yet, but it should be fairly cheap.

thanks

Matt

·
Car Whisperer
20,795 Posts
So where are the pics of the car with the Terminator hood? We want to see!!!

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't have any real good pics yet, it has been very ugly outside. Clifford Automotive did a great job putting everything together. They took a few pics at the shop so here you go.

·
Car Whisperer
20,795 Posts
So you got the termy front bumper too....looks great. Nice choice!!!

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
kaylan1521 said:
Looks great Matt. Did you get the whole car sprayed or just the front?
Unfortunately, I could not afford to get the whole car painted and insurance would only cover the hood and bumper. He did detail the whole car and fix a dent/crack in the rear drivers side bumper I got while AutoXing and a ding in the pas. side. He only blended the black, but gave the whole rear bumper a new coat of clear (it had some surfaces scratches that he got out) and charged me very little for fixing both dents. I was real pleased with the way things turned out.

DragonBullitt:yea I got the front bumper too, actually I originally had the 03 bumper in my garage when I got in the accident and needed a new hood so I just went ahead and got the 03 hood as well.

I will have to post some pics of my "winter set up". I put on my snow tires on and jacked up the coil-overs for winter. I think I got the first 4x4 Bullitt!

·
Registered
987 Posts
How was ur old hood when it was raining? Did the water affect anything?

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OGBATMAN said:
How was ur old hood when it was raining? Did the water affect anything?
At first I made a foam block that I stuck in there when it rained hard, but I got tired of putting it in so that only lasted a few months. The car did fine with out the foam block in the rain. I even took it through a touchless car wash a few times and never had an issue.

·
Premium Member
3,503 Posts
Matt Stachler said:
I will have to post some pics of my "winter set up". I put on my snow tires on and jacked up the coil-overs for winter. I think I got the first 4x4 Bullitt!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Matt the car looks fantastic, great job

1 - 17 of 17 Posts