Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Southernmost Bullittheads,

I recently moved to Tamarac, FL from Denver and am looking for the best place to have 4165 serviced. Any opinions? I've already been over to Steeda and checked out their operation, its quite a place.

Are there any Bullitthead get togethers in this area?

Also, on the drive from CO to here, I calculated my average speed to be 86 mph and mileage to be 25.8 mpg. My baby ran *flawlessly* and made what is ususlly a long boaring trip a lot of fun (except fot the 90 in a 70 ticket compliments of the Kansas Highway Patrol :sad: ). The awsome Bullitt seats kept me in place, comfortable and fatigue resistant. I listened to 4 novel's on CD with the Mach 460 in "News" mode. I've made this gound trip in my '73 Barracuda, my '70 Challenger, and my Grandmother's '94 Northstar El Dorado. My condition after my arrival in the E-Bodies needs no explanition. The Caddy was smoother and quieter, but the seats weren't as good and my back hurt a couple of hours into each leg.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Hey cpeders welcome to Fl. I am down here in Miami about 45 minutes from Ft lauderdale. For dealers try Mullinax Ford in Margate its a huge place. Ya I was as Steeda about a month ago and bought some Nitto Drag Radials. Do you drag race if you do there is a 1/4 mile track in West Palm Bch. Its not to far from where your at. Post back here if your interested in car shows or meeting up at Moroso in WPB. I can't beleive it another trueblue bullitt in the area.

See ya

Jim

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey jom, cool to hear form a local TB Bullitthead. I'd definately be up for checking out a car show . I'll go race before too long, but need a job first in case something breaks :wink:

·
Registered
822 Posts
Hey there FL dudes, I just got back from vacationing there with my Fiance's parents in West Palm. I was there two weeks and did not see one single bullitt. Where were you guys at? I kept my eyes peeled, and nada, nothing. I was p*ssed, there were tons of the V6 verts around and lots of Vettes, but not one stinking bullitt. Well, I just had to vent, I was all pumped when I flew down there to see bullitts all over the place. Oh well..thanks for letting me ramble.

·
Registered
74 Posts
well guys, i'm right here in west palm beach. my dhg is my daily driver. i'm taking I-95 and military trail most of the time. i had it since may/01.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: green runner on 2002-01-23 20:48 ]</font>

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm here in Tamarac. 4165 is my daily driver, but I don't go anywhere regularly (I will when I get employed). I guess I'm mostly around the Atlantic and University area, and the I-95 run to Deerfield where my girlfriend works.

·
Registered
70 Posts
We're here in Boca and our neighbors have a blue Bullitt. We saw more Bullitts (ten) at Maroone Ford (in Margate) when we purchased ours than we've seen on the road this entire time (three green, three blue, no black ones).

·
Registered
311 Posts
Hey 02392 I was up at Maroone Ford back in Oct and I saw all those Bullitts there. I could not beleive it there was 4 black ones,1 blue, and the rest green. Man you have some killer rides in your sig. Do you ever goto Moroso. I have been there twice so far with the my Bullitt. Man I can't wait to they open again if any of you guys are looking to hook up and meet at Moroso let me know.

·
Registered
70 Posts
What times did you turn at Moroso? We haven't run the Bullitt yet. We did do Super Ford weekend up there in October with both the Bullitt and the Cobra, though (to show). Jeff made a couple of passes with the Cobra 5 or 6 years ago and we ran the Grand National up there regularly from '87-'92. We raced the Talladega at Miami Hollywood Motorsports Park (now defunct) 2-3 times a week back in the early 70's and very infrequently up at what is now Moroso, but it only sees a car show now and then (mostly then!). Let us know next time you have plans to go to Moroso and we'll see if we can't meet up with you!

·
Registered
311 Posts
I meet you guys that weekend you had the Black Bullitt park right in the middle of the car show. I think you had the dealer promo in clear plastic. I even took a picture of your car. Ya I loved going to Hollywood when it was opened. I ran low 14 in my car but now I will be getting Bf goodrich drag radials so those times will drop big time.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Pretty darned cool! You didn't do the caravan from Steeda did you? Are you license tag "MY BULIT"?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hey Green Runner - you weren't at the Wellington Greens Mall parked all by your lonesome a little over a month ago were you?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Chris, one of my husband's main job sites is in Deerfield! Ever see him? - GT BULIT!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Keep your eyes peeled - it's so cool seeing another Bullitt - and it's his daily driver, also!

·
Registered
70 Posts
If we can get enough (or a few!) Bullitts together, we can all meet some day - either at the track or at a car show. That would be so cool!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Well guys Moroso will be opening Feb 13th its on a Wed. I am thinking about taking that day off and making the trip. I wont be running the car just watching because it is going to be packed. Sometimes its better just to watch. Chris Moroso is only about 45 minutes from Tamarac. Let me know.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts