Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to let people know that Ford sells a locking fuel cap to replace the stock one. The part number is XU5Z-9030-FA.
I didn't like the cap rubbing on the car, so I removed the plastic cord.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I will have to check that out. I am definitely cutting the cord on mine, I try to rest it on the nozzle, but then it falls and gets gas on my paint...arrrrgggghhhh! Speaking of paint, I came out this morning to find dirty little paw prints on my hood! I love animals, don't get me wrong, but I better not catch that frickin cat on my hood. :sad:

:bullitt:

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I hear ya MOLJAY.

My next door neighbor has 4 cats that insist on crapping in my flower bed. Then they have the gall to walk all over my Bullitt, while it is in my garage. Then I found his friggin dog was on my wifes car.

Man I'm ready to spew.......

Its hard to deal with, especially since the neighbor is a preacher.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
AAAAHHHH!! had the same problem when i lived in Dallas. neighbor's cat loved to leave "tracks" all over my laser red 97 GT at night!(never during the day)
i just can't figure out how cats know that you just washed your car? and how do they track so much dirt on the car when there's nothing but grass or concrete for yards in either direction???
one of the mysteries of life!

·
Registered
14,857 Posts
d-con pellets and cat food in the flower beds should cure that little problem.... hehehe..
just kidding, but what really has worked and is animal-safe is moth balls (no jokes forthcoming I promise) throw em in the beds and animals don't stay...
now as for the cars...
waste em

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-10-24 14:23, donwil wrote:
I hear ya MOLJAY.

My next door neighbor has 4 cats that insist on crapping in my flower bed.

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Fertilizer!

But seriously, this gas cap thing, irks the crap out of me that it rubs against the paint. I think I'll cut mine also. Does FORD have a suggestions site (box) where we can point these things out?

Los Angeles, CA.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: From the other side on 2001-10-24 15:18 ]</font>

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The cap is made by Ford, it has a Ford logo that covers the key hole and pivots at one corner. The plastic cord does not need to be cut off. Just undo the fastner and pull the cord off the cap. Start at one spot and work the plastic ring off. Then youu can reinstall the fastner with no annoying cord on the cap.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Ahhhhh cat........the other white meat.

I have heard it said in the past that the only good cat is a dead cat. I tend to agree.

·
Registered
111 Posts
A little bedtime reading, perhaps???

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I don't like cats or rats. At least it is acceptable to shoot the rats, but not the cats. Go figure as they are pests too.

I live in the country with rattlesnakes, scorpions, black widow spiders, wolf spiders, ticks, oppossums, skunks, foxes, rats, mice, etc... I put poison out for most and kill others.

People need to understand that those of us that don't have animals don't want theirs either.

Tried moth balls, but my 2 year old son was picking them up and playing with them. Poisonous to a child.

Heard/read that vinegar might work....

Hear kitty, kitty, kitty..... Got a surprise for you......

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Some bastard cat is using my Bullitt as a scratching post. My cover has all sorts of pulls and tears. The thing I like about cats is that they have that convienient carrying thing called a tail. :evil:

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Hey RickyBoy,

Great comeback with the 101 things to do with a dead cat. ROFL...... hehehe......

·
Premium Member
4,594 Posts
I liked "Here kitty, kitty, got a surprise
for you" !!!
The thing that really p*sses me off about
cats...since we don't have any, all
the neighborhood cats pick 2:00am to fight
over the territory in MY backyard...since
no other cats have laid claim.
Cat fights at 2:00am....wish I had a BBGun!

No paw prints yet on the Bullitt..Thank God!

My Fuel Cap cord is just the right length to
set the cap inside the door during fueling,
so it doesn't lay on the paint.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 6treva9 on 2001-10-25 14:46 ]</font>

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Y2K16T8

Got your handle, finally. Year 2001 and 68. Good mind.... Great cars....

Picked up cats by the "handle" lately? Kind of rough when they are still moving.... hehehe...

Oops, forgot about the original post here. My fuel cap "string" is just long enough to not let the cap get on the paint. Sits right inside the fuel compartment area.

Bullitt #2276
No Mods...Yet..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: donwil on 2001-10-25 15:04 ]</font>

·
Registered
229 Posts
There's a little peg sticking out from inside the gas cap that i just hang the cap on. It isn't perfect, but I don't feel like messing with it.

For all of you that take the cord off, I suggest putting the gas cap on the gas pump and not the trunk of your car. That way if you forget about it you can just drive back and pick it up off the pump. Good luck on finding a gas cap after it flew off your trunk while you were driving.

But then again, I suppose it would be pretty hard to miss if it were on the trunk. Knowing me I would though. I once forgot to take the pump out of my old 87 GT and started to drive away. lol. popped the breakaway hose right off the pump. I'm such a bonehead.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts