Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am very lucky if this is my only complaint!
When pulling in the gas station I continue to
pull up to the pump thinking the fuel door
is on the left! Never mind the arrow on the
instrument cluster pointing to the right, I
keep forgetting that's there too. Our other
cars have the door on the left so I guess
I'll have to live and learn. Hope I am not
the only Bullitthead this is happening to.

·
Premium Member
4,594 Posts
If it makes you feel any better, I continue to reach for the shifter knob whenever I get in the Suburban. My kids just sit there looking at me, as my arms are flailing around the floor. DOH !
:lol:

·
Premium Member
18,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Karl, that is a good point about not having
too worry about hitting the pump protectors.
More than a few times those things have
jumped out from nowhere to nip at my door!

·
Premium Member
4,594 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
Does your foot reach for the clutch too...?
:smile:
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>
I don't know if my foot could even REACH a clutch in the 'Burb!!!!
But, ya know, I do find myself looking for a place to PUT my left foot...I think it's actually looking for a handy dandy footrest, like we have in the Bullitt!!!

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
I had an '89 mustang that had the fuel door on the passenger side, and I got used to it, but then I got an Expedition and it has the tank on the driver side, so now I get confused again. The things we do...

·
Premium Member
18,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My '72 Grande's fuel cap is in the center
of the back of the car...no thinking involved
there! :lol:

DHG #3875
Modifications:
BULLITT chase scene recreated on rear dash
with Revell 1/25 scale 68 GT 390 Fastback and
68 Charger R/T metal body models. Unfortunately
the hub caps don't come off the Charger.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PY on 2002-01-17 12:32 ]</font>

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Funny, it's just the opposite for me. Sometimes when I get into the Bullitt, I reach for the gearshift on the column. I drive a Taurus every day.

Bullitt #2759 Dark Highland Green
Mods: MGW tid-bits, Steeda Tri-Ax shifter w/Hurst stick and ball, Ford Racing aluminum driveshaft, CDC sequential taillights, Densecharger.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Y2K16T8 on 2002-01-17 13:00 ]</font>

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,209 Posts
Hate to admit this but I did not notice the little arrow on the insturment cluster pointing the direction of the fuel cap for many months after we got her! My daughter was with me once when we went to the fuel pump and I was confused which side to park on. She said something like, "Mom, look at the arrow on your speedometer thingy, Jese!" Before that, I was always looking out my side mirror to see which side it was on! :oops: Have to remember, tho, that hubby pretty much was the driver of Bullette, till this spring, as he has his own FAST car now! Bullette is all mine now! :grin:

·
Registered
959 Posts
Bless Ford that they put an arrow on the instrument cluster to remind you which side it is. When you have 5 cars, sure helps you to keep from loking like an idiot at the pump!

Brian

·
Registered
821 Posts
Uh, when I let my husband go for a ride with me in #4841, I pointed to the "reminder" on the instrument panel and said "that's cool, I'll never have to guess"...his reply was "they probably put that there for female drivers". Now, he was just kidding, but he drives one and ONLY one vehicle and has for 8 years and STILL can't remember always which side his fuel door is on...and WE ladies need the reminder??

Enough said.

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
That's okay, because until yesterday I never even noticed the arrow on the instrument cluster.

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,209 Posts
ROFLOL Dona and 5111! Dona, I like how you stated that you let your husband go for a ride with you in your Bullitt! :lol:

·
Registered
821 Posts
Hey Vicki!

Well, of COURSE I let him...heehee....he did buy it for me, but I allow him to sit in the passenger seat a coupla times. He's cool, he's just happy I'm happy with Bulletta and that's all right! LOL
:nerd: Dona

·
Registered
158 Posts
Even with the arrow I still forget on my 96,
my Silverado and Blazer 4x4's both have it on the drivers side. I'm usually half way out of the car when I remember.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts