Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Are you talking about the aluminum Bullitt door or something different? It actually only has the pony on the inside. Kind of weird if you ask me, unless you go to a full service station then you will be the only person to ever see it. Well, OK, I did show it off to some friends. :wink:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Naw, I am talking about the one one the Outside like on the concept car. There are pics that I have seen at this site...
I was hoping that there are some you can get aftermarket.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
None of the AfterMarket billet fuel doors I have seen have the pony on the outside of them except for the lockable one at MGW Ltd, and only the Ford OEM fuel door has the pony on the inside so far that I have seen.

DHG #0428

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dillo Dave on 2001-06-01 23:00 ]</font>

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess the bullitt door is smooth enough. I am going down to my vinyl sign guy and get some ponys scanned & cut to put on the outside of the door. Anyone else want one ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had a spare mustang logo from my 65 convertible so I just cleaned it up and and adhered it on the gas cover with GE silicone sealant. It has been on six months and I check it periodically it seems to be holding fine.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
The decals are clear and cover the whole inner part of the fuel door. You cant see it and it protects the fuel door. The decals are used to give the look of etched glass.

From one of my other posts.....
Ok my wife went and talked to the guy and he will sell the decals for the fuel doors (ponys going the other direction then pics) for $5 and then just a buck or two for me to ship. PM me or E-mail [email protected]

The close up is a little blurry. Sorry.

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
others just buy the v6 emblem and stick it on to the gas filler door....

:grin:

good luck!

·
Registered
320 Posts
That sitcker looks good, thats the closest I have seen to mimicking the concepet car! Do'nt put the v6 emblem on it that looks gay, IMHO. You could go one step further and take it to an etching place, it would be fairly easy for a decent artist to duplicate.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Thanks Bullitt Boy.

I know some people have had them etched but I thought it was really tricky because the door is made up of layers of different color metals.

Also the biggest reason I like the stickers is because it will come off leaving the car back to stock. But I do have two fuel doors and if could get one etched like the prototype I would. But it would cost $100 if they didnt get it right :sad:

·
Registered
941 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2003-02-04 21:04, GreggVH wrote:
Thanks Bullitt Boy.

I know some people have had them etched but I thought it was really tricky because the door is made up of layers of different color metals.

Also the biggest reason I like the stickers is because it will come off leaving the car back to stock. But I do have two fuel doors and if could get one etched like the prototype I would. But it would cost $100 if they didnt get it right :sad:

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>
It is made of diff. colored layers, I believe that OKC BULLITT has it done and the layers are diff. colors and it looks really good.

·
Registered
320 Posts
A little off the subject but the crome on the inside of my gas cap is peeling, warranty issue?

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GreggVH on 2003-02-06 18:47 ]</font>

1 - 14 of 14 Posts