Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Car Whisperer
20,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All I can say is if anyone hasn't changed theirs yet, even low mileage, ones, do it. I changed mine yesterday...went a little over the recommended 30K and when he poured the gas out of the filter, it was discolored. I only drive the car about 5K per year and so I think I will change it again this summer and start changing it once a year. Don't know if putting anything in the tank will help at this point, just glad it wasn't thick and had no particles of any kind we could see.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
I haven't even thought of changing mine yet as I only have about 12K on her.

Maybe I should.

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
I did mine at 40,000 and I could barely blow through it. So I am going to change it again this weekend to see if I have alot dirt in the tank, I have added about 6,000 more miles since last years change.

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
BLACK_2425 said:
How hard is it to swap out? I have 25K on mine.
Piece of cake. You need the special line release tools, and it might be a little tough the first time doing it. Wear goggles. Have a catch can handy and a few rags. I would recommend doing them every 15k miles, or less. Just take a clean rag and kind hit the inlet side of the old filter against it. You will likely be shocked at how dirty it really is.

·
Premium Member
6,218 Posts
I change out my fuel filter about every 8K. Some say it's overkill, but I am the king of overkill; just look at my slicks!! :)

I call it insurance.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
MustangMarkus said:
I change out my fuel filter about every 8K. Some say it's overkill, but I am the king of overkill; just look at my slicks!! :)

I call it insurance.
i do mine about every 10 or once a year which ever is first...btw if they get clogged enough you will def loose hp...had a ls1 car on the dyno and it started cutting out bad and we relieved fp and then went to change it and there was a **** ton of pressure behind the ff. once we changed it hp went up 75 at the wheels...it was that clogged

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
I did mine last summer at about 35K. I actually cut the old filter open with a hack saw to see how clogged it was. It wasn't that dirty . I could blow through it (before I cut it open).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts