Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone else taken their Bullitt on a road trip? We went down to lake charles in mine and the best gas mileage we got was 22mpg at 375 miles to a tank. that was also driving in the rain at 80. By the way the traction control is great when the car tries to hydro.......

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Black Sunshine #161 on 2001-06-08 00:10 ]</font>

·
Registered
144 Posts
I took a trip over Memorial Day weekend. My mileage varied from 20-24. The latter being mostly freeway from 60-70 mph. There were a lot of cops. :wink: Not great mileage, but better than an SUV.

·
Registered
78 Posts
The weekend that I "Broke-in" BULLITT; I put on about 1000 miles. My mileage (driving 70 mph on 2 lane blacktops) ran from 24.2 mpg with the a/c running to 27.4 mpg with the a/c off. The low of 24.2 was recorded on the part of the trip where I "let the reins out for about 3 miles".

·
Registered
225 Posts
I haven't even bother to check gas mileage, I'm going to drive it no matter if it gets 5 mpg. The uplift it gives me while driving it is far better than the mpg anyway.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I have been averaging about 19-20 mpg, but it is rarely in 5th gear and every start is a jackrabbit start.

The CatSmasher

·
Registered
144 Posts
True, I may have maxed out at 70, but that was usually in second gear. :wink: Can effect the mileage a little.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
will check MPG as soon as i get this stupid grin off of my face. sometime in 2002!!!!
hard to believe i'm doing very well with me running it up near 5500 to 6000 rpm's so frequently and a WHOLE LOT of downshifting!!!
anyone else notice that the "burble" you hear when down shifting seems to be getting even sweeter sounding??????????

·
Registered
959 Posts
I love the burbling sounds on decel and the sound the motor makes when you blip the throttle to match revs while heel toeing. Nice to have a set of factory pedals in a car for once, that are already at the right height to heel toe.

Even with only 500+ miles on it, it revs fast when you blip it.

Brian

·
Registered
14,857 Posts
dhg#1994...
after the first tank of gas , I averaged just under 24 m.p.g. 50 miles round trip daily to work at 70-75 plus...all highway but hard to keep out of it around town. this car is way to much fun to belegal .I dont even remember it being like this with my 70 boss 302 that i bought new...

·
Premium Member
502 Posts
Man, I must be havin' way to much fun!!! My mileage overall now, with almost 2100 miles on DHG 365, is only just over 17 mpg. Of course, most of those miles have been done in VERY short distances and in VERY short time spans (ROTFLMAO!!!!). I just can't seem to stay away from the thing!!! Maybe we need to start another support group!!!

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
I have averaged about 20 mpg and noticed with the a/c on it really suffers, the average than has been about 17 mpg. But who cares I'm having a blast with people trying to catch up with me long enough to read B u l l i t t. What is that? Cool.

·
Registered
53 Posts
In 900 miles of country / small city driving
have been consistantly averaging 17 miles/gal. Also using texaco 89 octane. Now mind you a lot of these miles are smile miles
(ZOOM ZOOM MILES).

·
Registered
85 Posts
I took it on a road trip the 2nd day I had it, babied it most of the entire way.

I got 23.5 MPG with the AC on, and the windows up (entrie tank was highway). Just finished an around the town tank, but haven't calculated milege yet...my guess is about 20.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts