Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone else having problems with their fuel pumps?

I've gone through 3 already, and am beginning to have the same symptoms again...

Last time it went out, I was in the middle of a state park, with no one around, and couldn't get a cell signal to call Roadside Assistance...

·
Registered
762 Posts
That's some very bad luck. So far you're the first to report that problem. What were the signs prior to failure???

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Symptoms are sporadic, and may actually have nothing to do with my fuel pump problems, it's just what I've noticed the week or two before it goes out each time:

Taking 5-10 seconds for the engine to start.
Unusually sluggish acceleration

Each time it's finally died, I've gotten in the car, started it with no problems. Let the car idle for a minute or so(while putting on seat belt, setting temperature and fan speeds, changing radio stations, etc.) and then drive away. Within a minute of the car starting moving the engine RPM starts to go up and down(without my foot on the gas), and if I do give the car any gas it instantly kills the engine. If I can get the car started again, it's got a REAL ROUGH idle, and once again giving it any gas kills the engine. If I continue to start the car over and over again it will eventually stop starting altogether.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts