Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought some heads that are going to be sent off for port and polish. I going to be buying stage 2 cams also. I will be running a 100 shot of nitrous. My question is should I go with bigger injectors, if so what size. My nitrous kit is a wet 100 shot, I have heard that if you tap into the schrader valve that you might possibly run the cylinder directly under it lean. Should I go with a bigger fuel pump to keep adequate fuel supply and eliminate the possibility of running that cylinder a little lean.

·
Registered
591 Posts
As a general rule, you should always upgrade your fule system from stock when installing a power-adder (supercharger/turbo/nitrous).

There are a lot of options out there on fule pumps, fule rails, tanks, regulaors, dozens of injector sizes,even upgraded fuel lines if you are really getting serious.

You should consult with a tech at the manufacturer where you got your nitrous kit or with a good tuner who is familiar with mustangs and the setup you are running.

Bottom line, you will likely have a lean condition with the extra air flow from the heads and cams which may be able to be compensated for with a tune, but your injectors will likely be maxed out. There is no way the stock 19-lb injectors can keep up with heads/cams/nitrous.

·
Registered
286 Posts
i have my nitous in my fox running off the shrader valve... 100 shot. i have stock fuel system and no prolems so far. id say if you had alot of fuel going into the motor without the bottle then a wet shot ontop of that then maby upgrade. if its nothing to crazy then id say stock would do. how do you have your nitrous hooked up? spray plate of fogger or direct port?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.