Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the path to the supercharger, I've decided I will be doing the exhaust install myself. Got a place near home to do it.

I do have a couple questions though:

Should I get a set of locking header bolts? Has anyone had trouble with the stock header bolts coming loose after the install?

Should I get aftermarket gaskets (I hear bassani has good ones) since I will be saving money.

What kind of gasket sealer should I use and where? RTV sealant?

I am going to order the exhaust by mid next week hopefully. I'll let you all know what I choose to go with.

·
Registered
798 Posts
I used the stock gaskets w/ my LT's, but I only had like 25K on my car so they were still like new. Depending on how many miles are on your car I would just reuse the stock gaskets.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Just please, do not use gasket sealer of any kind on exhaust! Locking header bolts would seem like a good investment. I'm not familier with the headers on our engines but routine maintenance on our '65 is weekly tightening of the header bolts and that's a pain in the ***!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update:

Just ordered my stuff from American Muscle, should be coming in the mail tomorrow.

Exhaust: (FULL SLP)
SLP LTs
SLP shorty catted x-pipe
SLP LMII

Suspension:
H&R Super Sports
Maximum Motorsports CC Plates

I'm aiming to get these all in early Thanksgiving week! Can't wait!

·
Registered
967 Posts
I have the H&R super sports and the MM CC plates. you will love them. the cc plates are a very easy install. the hardest part is marking where to drill the new hole. everything else is a piece of cake.

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
phbull said:
Update:

Just ordered my stuff from American Muscle, should be coming in the mail tomorrow.

Exhaust: (FULL SLP)
SLP LTs
SLP shorty catted x-pipe
SLP LMII

Suspension:
H&R Super Sports
Maximum Motorsports CC Plates

I'm aiming to get these all in early Thanksgiving week! Can't wait!
Thats close to my set-up, altough you'll be MUCH quieter with the LM II's and the cats.

The headers will be a PITA, but everything else should go smooth from there. Good luck with the install!!!

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Go with locking header bolts. ARP Would have them if anybody else wouldn't.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
TheCat033 said:
Thats close to my set-up, altough you'll be MUCH quieter with the LM II's and the cats.

The headers will be a PITA, but everything else should go smooth from there. Good luck with the install!!!
The LMII's aren't supposed to be too much quieter, and they get rid of some of that popping for some deeper tone. The cats, yes... they'll keep her a bit quieter. Depending how this install goes may feel like investing in an O/R possibly. ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts